|Father||Edward Sackett (1848-1919)|
|Mother||Jane Logan (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 John was living at 4 Alexandra Terrace, Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged four and born in Croydon.11
In 1901 he was living at 11 Woodland Terrace, GreenwichG, in the household of Emily's parents John and Mary, and was recorded as John Sackett, self-employed [occupation obscured], aged 24 and born in Croydon. Living with him were his wife Emily, 24, and their daughter Edith, aged six months.12
In 1911 he was living at 37 Maryon Road, Charlton, LondonG, in the household of his parents-in-law John and Mary Ann Brill, and was recorded as John Sackett, metallurgist ore smelter at the Aero-Nitrate Company, married, aged 34 and born in Croydon. Living with him were his wife Emily Alice, 34, and their children, Edith, 10, Edna, 9, and Dorothy, aged seven.13
Administration of John's estate was granted on 30 July 1936 to his widow Emily. His estate was valued at £117.14
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John's widow Emily was living at 37 Maryon Road, GreenwichG. Living with her were her unmarried daughters Edith and Dorothy.15
John's widow Emily left a will which was proved on 19 July 1957 by their daughter Dorothy. Her estate was valued at £338.16
Children of John Sackett and Emily Alice Brill
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1876. Sackett, John. Mother: Logan. Croydon. 2a:204."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1936. Sackett, John, 59. Greenwich."
- Probate record.
- Burials Register, Charlton Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "9 July 1936 John Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1899. Sackett, John. Mile End. 1c:793."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1899. Brill, Emily Alice. Mile End. 1c:793."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1957. Sackett, Emily A, 81. Greenwich. 5c:528."
- Burials Register, Charlton Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "4 July 1957 Emily Alice Sackett."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341193, PRO RG11/0816/108/74
Lr Addiscombe Rd No 4 Alexandra Terr
Edward Sackett, head, married, 32, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger emping 2 men 1 boy
Jane Sackett, wife, 33, b. Guildford
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. Croydon, Surrey
John Sackett, son, 4, b. Croydon
Alfred Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Croydon
Florance Logan, visitor, unmarried, 19, b. Woolwich, Kent, visitor.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG13, Piece 562, Folio 53, p. 50
11 Woodland Terr, Charlton, Greenwich, London
John Brill, head, married, 58, messenger (principal), worker, b. Mdx, Ruislip
Mary A Brill, wife, wife, 61, b. Hants, Portsmouth
Harry Brill, son, single, 22, clerk commercial, worker, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Edith Brill, dau, single, 19, milliner's? assistant, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Charles H Brill, son, 16, cabinet maker's apprentice, b. Woolwich Dockyard
John Sackitt, son-in-law, 24, credit? dealer?, own acct, working at home, b. Croydon
Emily A Sackitt, dau, 24, milliner, b. Kent, Plumstead
Edith G Sackitt, gdau, 6 mos, b. London, Mile End
Fred Reynolds, boarder, single, 30, clerk commercial, b. nr Maidstone, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece: 2845
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, Kent
John Brill, head, 68, married, police pensioner, Metro Police, b. Ruislip, Middlesex
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 61, m. 40y, 9 ch, 4 living, b. Portsmouth, Hants
Charles Herbert Brill, son, 26, single, carpenter, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, worker, b. HM Dockyard, Woolwich
John Sackett, son-in-law, 34, married, metallurgist ore smelter, Aero-Nitrate Co, worker, b. Croydon, Surrey
Emily Alice Sackett, dau, 34, m. 11y, 3 ch, all living, b. Plumstead, Kent
Edith Grace Sackett, gdau, 10, b. Mile End, London E
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, gdau, 9, b. Charlton, Kent
Dorothy Emily Sackett, gdau, 7, b. Charlton, Kent.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett John of 37 Maryon-road Charlton Kent died 5 July 1936 Administration London 30 July to Emily Alice Sackett widow. Effects £117 14s. 4d."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0165H/003/42, Emily A Sackett, b. 17 Apr 1876, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0165H/003/43, Edith S Sackett (later Freeman), b. 30 Sep 1900, single, civil servant s/typist; RG101/0165H/003/44, Dorothy E Sackett (later Nichols), b. 5 Nov 1903, single, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Emily Alice of 37 Maryon-road Charlton London SE7 widow died 29 June 1957 at St Alfeges Hospital London SE10 Probate London 19 July to Dorothy Emily Sackett spinster. Effects £338."
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||13 November 2016|