|Father||Edward Sackett (1848-1919)|
|Mother||Jane Logan (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 John was living at 4 Alexandra Terrace, Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged four and born in Croydon.11
In 1901 he was living at 11 Woodland Terrace, GreenwichG, in the household of Emily's parents John and Mary, and was recorded as John Sackett, self-employed [occupation obscured], aged 24 and born in Croydon. Living with him were his wife Emily, 24, and their daughter Edith, aged six months.12
In 1911 he was living at 37 Maryon Road, Charlton, LondonG, in the household of his parents-in-law John and Mary Ann Brill, and was recorded as John Sackett, metallurgist ore smelter at the Aero-Nitrate Company, married, aged 34 and born in Croydon. Living with him were his wife Emily Alice, 34, and their children, Edith, 10, Edna, 9, and Dorothy, aged seven.13
In 1921 he was living at 37 Maryon Road, CharltonG, in the household of his parents-in-law John and Mary Brill, and was recorded as John Sackett, a chemical engineer at the Premier Briquette Company in the City of London, aged 44. Living with him were his wife Emily, 45, and their children, Edith, 20, Edna, 19, and
Dorothy, aged 17.14
Administration of John's estate was granted on 30 July 1936 to his widow Emily. His estate was valued at £117.15
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John's widow Emily was living at 37 Maryon Road, GreenwichG. Living with her were her unmarried daughters Edith and Dorothy.16
John's widow Emily left a will which was proved on 19 July 1957 by their daughter Dorothy. Her estate was valued at £338.17
Children of John Sackett and Emily Alice Brill
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1876. Sackett, John. Mother: Logan. Croydon. 2a:204."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1936. Sackett, John, 59. Greenwich."
- Probate record.
- Burials Register, Charlton Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "9 July 1936 John Sackett."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1899. Sackett, John. Mile End. 1c:793."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1899. Brill, Emily Alice. Mile End. 1c:793."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1957. Sackett, Emily A, 81. Greenwich. 5c:528."
- Burials Register, Charlton Cemetery, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "4 July 1957 Emily Alice Sackett."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341193, PRO RG11/0816/108/74
Lr Addiscombe Rd No 4 Alexandra Terr
Edward Sackett, head, married, 32, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger emping 2 men 1 boy
Jane Sackett, wife, 33, b. Guildford
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. Croydon, Surrey
John Sackett, son, 4, b. Croydon
Alfred Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Croydon
Florance Logan, visitor, unmarried, 19, b. Woolwich, Kent, visitor.
- 1901 England census
RG13, Piece 562, Folio 53, p. 50
11 Woodland Terr, Charlton, Greenwich, London
John Brill, head, married, 58, messenger (principal), worker, b. Mdx, Ruislip
Mary A Brill, wife, wife, 61, b. Hants, Portsmouth
Harry Brill, son, single, 22, clerk commercial, worker, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Edith Brill, dau, single, 19, milliner's? assistant, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Charles H Brill, son, 16, cabinet maker's apprentice, b. Woolwich Dockyard
John Sackitt, son-in-law, 24, credit? dealer?, own acct, working at home, b. Croydon
Emily A Sackitt, dau, 24, milliner, b. Kent, Plumstead
Edith G Sackitt, gdau, 6 mos, b. London, Mile End
Fred Reynolds, boarder, single, 30, clerk commercial, b. nr Maidstone, Kent.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece: 2845
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, Kent
John Brill, head, 68, married, police pensioner, Metro Police, b. Ruislip, Middlesex
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 61, m. 40y, 9 ch, 4 living, b. Portsmouth, Hants
Charles Herbert Brill, son, 26, single, carpenter, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, worker, b. HM Dockyard, Woolwich
John Sackett, son-in-law, 34, married, metallurgist ore smelter, Aero-Nitrate Co, worker, b. Croydon, Surrey
Emily Alice Sackett, dau, 34, m. 11y, 3 ch, all living, b. Plumstead, Kent
Edith Grace Sackett, gdau, 10, b. Mile End, London E
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, gdau, 9, b. Charlton, Kent
Dorothy Emily Sackett, gdau, 7, b. Charlton, Kent.
- 1921 England census
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, London
John Brill, head, 78y 11m, married, b. Ruislip, Middlesex, police sergeant retired
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 71y 6m, married, b. Portsmouth, Hampshire, home duties
John Sackett, son-in-law, 44y 9m, married, b. Croydon, Surrey, chemical engineer, The Premier Briquette Co Ltd, 80 Coleman St, London, EC
Emily Alice Sackett, daughter, 45y 2m, married, b. Plumstead, Kent, home duties
Edith Grace Sackett, granddaughter, 20y 9m, single, b. Mile End, London, stenographer, Ordnance Factories, Woolwich Arsenal
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, granddaughter, 19y 7m, single, b. Charlton, stenographer, Siemens Brothers Ltd, Woolwich, SE 18
Dorothy Emily Sackett, granddaughter, 17y 7m, single, b. Charlton, home duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett John of 37 Maryon-road Charlton Kent died 5 July 1936 Administration London 30 July to Emily Alice Sackett widow. Effects £117 14s. 4d."
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0165H/003/42, Emily A Sackett, b. 17 Apr 1876, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0165H/003/43, Edith S Sackett (later Freeman), b. 30 Sep 1900, single, civil servant s/typist; RG101/0165H/003/44, Dorothy E Sackett (later Nichols), b. 5 Nov 1903, single, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Emily Alice of 37 Maryon-road Charlton London SE7 widow died 29 June 1957 at St Alfeges Hospital London SE10 Probate London 19 July to Dorothy Emily Sackett spinster. Effects £338."
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||16 Oct 2022|