Dorothy Emily Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1876-1936)|
|Mother||Emily Alice Brill (1876-1957)|
In 1911 Dorothy was living at 37 Maryon Road, Charlton, LondonG, in the household of her parents John and Emily, and was recorded in the census as Dorothy Emily Sackett, aged seven and born in Charlton.6
In 1921 she was living at 37 Maryon Road, CharltonG, in the household of her parents John and Emily, and was recorded as Dorothy Emily Sackett, aged 17.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Dorothy was living at 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, LondonG, with her widowed mother Emily and sister Edith.8
Dorothy proved her mother Emily's will on 19 July 1957. Her estate was valued at £338.9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1903. Sackett, Dorothy Emily. Mother: Brill. Woolwich. 1d:1231."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915" (Ancestry transcript), "May 2000. Nichols, Dorothy Emily, b. 5 Nov 1903. Tunbridge Wells. A17:5761A:50."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Dec qtr 1973. Sackett, Dorothy E. Spouse: Nichols. Uckfield. 5h:834."
"Dec qtr 1973. Nichols, William J. Spouse: Sackett. Uckfield. 5h:834."
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece: 2845
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, Kent
John Brill, head, 68, married, police pensioner, Metro Police, b. Ruislip, Middlesex
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 61, m. 40y, 9 ch, 4 living, b. Portsmouth, Hants
Charles Herbert Brill, son, 26, single, carpenter, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, worker, b. HM Dockyard, Woolwich
John Sackett, son-in-law, 34, married, metallurgist ore smelter, Aero-Nitrate Co, worker, b. Croydon, Surrey
Emily Alice Sackett, dau, 34, m. 11y, 3 ch, all living, b. Plumstead, Kent
Edith Grace Sackett, gdau, 10, b. Mile End, London E
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, gdau, 9, b. Charlton, Kent
Dorothy Emily Sackett, gdau, 7, b. Charlton, Kent.
- 1921 England census
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, London
John Brill, head, 78y 11m, married, b. Ruislip, Middlesex, police sergeant retired
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 71y 6m, married, b. Portsmouth, Hampshire, home duties
John Sackett, son-in-law, 44y 9m, married, b. Croydon, Surrey, chemical engineer, The Premier Briquette Co Ltd, 80 Coleman St, London, EC
Emily Alice Sackett, daughter, 45y 2m, married, b. Plumstead, Kent, home duties
Edith Grace Sackett, granddaughter, 20y 9m, single, b. Mile End, London, stenographer, Ordnance Factories, Woolwich Arsenal
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, granddaughter, 19y 7m, single, b. Charlton, stenographer, Siemens Brothers Ltd, Woolwich, SE 18
Dorothy Emily Sackett, granddaughter, 17y 7m, single, b. Charlton, home duties.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0165H/003/42, Emily A Sackett, b. 17 Apr 1876, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0165H/003/43, Edith S Sackett (later Freeman), b. 30 Sep 1900, single, civil servant s/typist; RG101/0165H/003/44, Dorothy E Sackett (later Nichols), b. 5 Nov 1903, single, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Emily Alice of 37 Maryon-road Charlton London SE7 widow died 29 June 1957 at St Alfeges Hospital London SE10 Probate London 19 July to Dorothy Emily Sackett spinster. Effects £338."
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||16 Oct 2022|