Dorothy Emily Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1876-1936)|
|Mother||Emily Alice Brill (1876-1957)|
In 1911 Dorothy was living at 37 Maryon Road, Charlton, LondonG, in the household of her parents John and Emily, and was recorded in the census as Dorothy Emily Sackett, aged seven and born in Charlton.6
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Dorothy was living at 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, LondonG, with her widowed mother Emily and sister Edith.7
Dorothy proved her mother Emily's will on 19 July 1957. Her estate was valued at £338.8
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of John Sackett|
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1903. Sackett, Dorothy Emily. Mother: Brill. Woolwich. 1d:1231."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "May 2000. Nichols, Dorothy Emily, b. 5 Nov 1903. Tunbridge Wells. A17:5761A:50."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1973. Sackett, Dorothy E. Spouse: Nichols. Uckfield. 5h:834."
"Dec qtr 1973. Nichols, William J. Spouse: Sackett. Uckfield. 5h:834."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece: 2845
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, Kent
John Brill, head, 68, married, police pensioner, Metro Police, b. Ruislip, Middlesex
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 61, m. 40y, 9 ch, 4 living, b. Portsmouth, Hants
Charles Herbert Brill, son, 26, single, carpenter, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, worker, b. HM Dockyard, Woolwich
John Sackett, son-in-law, 34, married, metallurgist ore smelter, Aero-Nitrate Co, worker, b. Croydon, Surrey
Emily Alice Sackett, dau, 34, m. 11y, 3 ch, all living, b. Plumstead, Kent
Edith Grace Sackett, gdau, 10, b. Mile End, London E
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, gdau, 9, b. Charlton, Kent
Dorothy Emily Sackett, gdau, 7, b. Charlton, Kent.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0165H/003/42, Emily A Sackett, b. 17 Apr 1876, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0165H/003/43, Edith S Sackett (later Freeman), b. 30 Sep 1900, single, civil servant s/typist; RG101/0165H/003/44, Dorothy E Sackett (later Nichols), b. 5 Nov 1903, single, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Emily Alice of 37 Maryon-road Charlton London SE7 widow died 29 June 1957 at St Alfeges Hospital London SE10 Probate London 19 July to Dorothy Emily Sackett spinster. Effects £338."
|Last Edited||30 December 2018|