Edith Grace Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1876-1936)|
|Mother||Emily Alice Brill (1876-1957)|
In 1901 Edith was living at 11 Woodland Terrace, GreenwichG, and was recorded in the census as Edith G Sackett, aged six months and born in Mile End. She was living with her parents John and Emily in the household of Emily's parents John and Mary Brill.6
In 1911 Edith was living at 37 Maryon Road, Charlton, LondonG, in the household of her parents John and Emily, and was recorded in the census as Edith Grace Sackett, aged ten and born in Mile End.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Edith was a civil service shorthand typist, living at 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, LondonG, with her widowed mother Emily and sister Dorothy.8
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1900. Sackett, Edith Grace. Mother: Brill. Mile End. 1c:414."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Jan 1992. Freeman, Edith Grace, b. 30 Sep 1900. Uckfield. 18:1411."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1971. Sackett, Edith G. Spouse: Freeman. Uckfield. 5h:923."
"Dec qtr 1971. Freeman, Raymond O. Spouse: Sackett. Uckfield. 5h:923."
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, Piece 562, Folio 53, p. 50
11 Woodland Terr, Charlton, Greenwich, London
John Brill, head, married, 58, messenger (principal), worker, b. Mdx, Ruislip
Mary A Brill, wife, wife, 61, b. Hants, Portsmouth
Harry Brill, son, single, 22, clerk commercial, worker, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Edith Brill, dau, single, 19, milliner's? assistant, b. Woolwich Dockyard
Charles H Brill, son, 16, cabinet maker's apprentice, b. Woolwich Dockyard
John Sackitt, son-in-law, 24, credit? dealer?, own acct, working at home, b. Croydon
Emily A Sackitt, dau, 24, milliner, b. Kent, Plumstead
Edith G Sackitt, gdau, 6 mos, b. London, Mile End
Fred Reynolds, boarder, single, 30, clerk commercial, b. nr Maidstone, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece: 2845
37 Maryon Road, Charlton, Kent
John Brill, head, 68, married, police pensioner, Metro Police, b. Ruislip, Middlesex
Mary Ann Brill, wife, 61, m. 40y, 9 ch, 4 living, b. Portsmouth, Hants
Charles Herbert Brill, son, 26, single, carpenter, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, worker, b. HM Dockyard, Woolwich
John Sackett, son-in-law, 34, married, metallurgist ore smelter, Aero-Nitrate Co, worker, b. Croydon, Surrey
Emily Alice Sackett, dau, 34, m. 11y, 3 ch, all living, b. Plumstead, Kent
Edith Grace Sackett, gdau, 10, b. Mile End, London E
Edna Mavis Cynthia Sackett, gdau, 9, b. Charlton, Kent
Dorothy Emily Sackett, gdau, 7, b. Charlton, Kent.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 37 Maryon Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0165H/003/42, Emily A Sackett, b. 17 Apr 1876, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0165H/003/43, Edith S Sackett (later Freeman), b. 30 Sep 1900, single, civil servant s/typist; RG101/0165H/003/44, Dorothy E Sackett (later Nichols), b. 5 Nov 1903, single, unpaid domestic duties.
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2018|