|Father||Edward Sackett (1848-1919)|
|Mother||Jane Logan (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 Edward was living at 4 Alexandra Terrace, Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded in the census as Edward Sackett, aged six and born in Croydon.10
In 1911 he was living at 93 Victoria Road, Charlton, LondonG, and was recorded as Edward Sackett, tailor's cutter, head of household, aged 36 and born in Croydon. Living with him were his wife Rose, 36, and their children, Edward, 14, Gladys, 13, and Sidney, aged eight.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Edward's widow Rose was living at 48 Mayhill Road, GreenwichG. Her daughter Gladys and son Sidney were living with her.12
Children of Edward Sackett and Rose Ellen Colbourn
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of John Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1875. Sackett, Edward. Croydon. Mother: Logan. 2a:210."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1925. Sackett, Edward, 50. Greenwich. 1d:829."
- Burials Register, Greenwich Cemetery, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "16 Apr 1925 Edward Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1896. Sackett, Edward. Woolwich. 1d:1237."
- Marriages Register, St Mary Magdalen, Woolwich, Kent (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "2 March 1896, Edward Sackett, 21, bachelor, tailor, of 19 Hare Street, father: Edward Sackett, ironmonger; and Rose Ellen Colbourn, 21, spinster, of Charlton, father: Charles Colbourn, market gardener. Licence. Both signed. Witnesses: Charles H Hamsley, Jane Sackett."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1965. Sackett, Rose E, 91. Greenwich. 5b:388."
- Burials Register, Greenwich Cemetery, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "31 Aug 1965 Rose Ellen Sackett."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341193, PRO RG11/0816/108/74
Lr Addiscombe Rd No 4 Alexandra Terr
Edward Sackett, head, married, 32, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger emping 2 men 1 boy
Jane Sackett, wife, 33, b. Guildford
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. Croydon, Surrey
John Sackett, son, 4, b. Croydon
Alfred Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Croydon
Florance Logan, visitor, unmarried, 19, b. Woolwich, Kent, visitor.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 93 Victoria Road, Charlton, London
Edward Sackett, head, 36, married, tailors cutter, worker, b. Surrey, Croydon
Rose Ellen Sackett, wife, 36, m. 15y, 3 ch, all living, b. Kent, Charlton
Edward Leslie Sackett, son, 14, school, b. Kent, Blackheath
Gladys Winifred Sackett, dau, 13, school, b. Kent, Sheerness
Sidney Charles Norman Sackett, son, 8, school, b. Lincoln, Boston.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 48 Mayhill Road, Greenwich, London: RG101/0164I/002/15, Rose E Sackett, b. 12 Apr 1874, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0164I/002/16, Gladys W Sackett, b. 26 Jul 1897, single, maid maternity home; RG101/0164I/002/17, Sydney C (N) Sackett, b. 25 Apr 1903 (or 25 Mar 1903), married, clerical officer C S.
|Last Edited||13 September 2017|