|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (1775-1847)|
|Mother||Sarah Hodgeman (1779-1850)|
Henry and Elizabeth emigrated from Thanet, Kent, to New York City, arriving there on the President on 10 June 1836. They took their children, Thomas, Elizabeth, Margaret, and Henry, but not Mary Bird who remained in Thanet with her maternal grandparents, Thomas and Mary Elgar.4
In 1871 Henry's widow Elizabeth was living at 3 Serene Place, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Mary Sackett, an annuitant, head of household, a widow, aged 62, and born in Ramsgate, Kent. Living with her was her daughter Emma Vanwart, married, aged 21, and born in New York.5
Henry's widow Elizabeth died intestate. Letters of administration of her estate were granted in the Principal Probate Registry, LondonG, on 14 March 1883 to her daughter Mary Bird Sackett.6
Children of Henry Sackett and Elizabeth Mary Elgar
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Henry Digerson Sackett & Mary Bird Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "9 November 1806 Henry s. Jeremiah & Sarah Sackett, bn 16 September."
- Email from Gordon Sackett Adams to Sackett Discussion List, June 2002.
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "26 December 1826 Henry Sackett, bachelor, of St Lawrence, & Elizabeth Mary Elgar, spinster, of St Lawrence. Banns. Witnesses: Lawrence Elgar, Jane Elgar."
- "New York Passenger Lists, 1820–1897", digital image, FamilySearch, "Ship President arr. New York, 10 Jun 1836, from London, Henry Sackett, 30, clerk; Elizabeth Sackett, 29; Thomas Sackett, 9; Margaret Sackett, 4; Henry Sackett, 1; Elizabeth Sackett, 7; of England, intended res. America."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f20
3 Serene Pl., Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth Mary Sackett, head, widow, 62, annuitant, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Emma Vanwart, dau, married, 21, annuitant, b. New York, America.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Elizabeth Mary. Personal estate £80. 14 March . Administration of the Personal Estate of Elizabeth Mary Sackett late of Piermont in the County of Rockland in the State of New York in the United States of America Widow who died 11 May 1873 at Piermont was granted at the Principal Registry to Mary Bird Sackett (Wife of Henry Digerson Sackett) of 23 Liverpool-lawn Ramsgate in the County of Kent the Daughter and one of the Next of Kin."
|Last Edited||25 September 2019|