|Father||John Sackett (1743-1827)|
|Mother||Catherine Andrews (c 1753-1831)|
Jeremiah was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in St Peter in Thanet, KentG, on 26 April 1823. A loan of £100 received from his father was waived.5
In 1840 Jeremiah was trading as a tailor at 26 Harbour Street, RamsgateG.6
In 1841 Jeremiah was living at Harbour Street, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Jeremiah Sackett, a tailor, aged 65 and born in Kent. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 61, and their children, William, 30, Eliza, 23, and Mary, 22, and granddaughter, Sarah Bayley, aged 12. Also in the household was a female servant, Sarah Hope, who was perhaps related to Jeremiah's sister-in-law, Elizabeth.7
Jeremiah made his will in RamsgateG on 24 February 1825, naming as beneficiary his wife Sarah.8 He left her all his real and personal estate. The will was proved on 6 May 1847.
Date: 24 February 1825.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 6 May 1847.
Source: Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-111-456.
Testator: Jeremiah Sackett, tailor, Ramsgate, Kent.
Wife Sarah, all real & personal estate.
Sole executrix: wife Sarah.
Witnesses: Edwd Daniel, Ramsgate; John Q Daniel & Nathl B Mills , his clerks.
Children of Jeremiah Sackett and Sarah Hodgeman
- Jeremiah Sackett+ b. 19 Jan 1798, d. 1825
- Edward Sackett+ b. 6 Oct 1799, d. 1876
- Sarah Sackett+ b. 24 Apr 1801, d. 11 Oct 1863
- Thomas Sackett+ b. 2 Jun 1803, d. 16 Jul 1867
- John Sackett+ b. 6 Mar 1805, d. 1873
- Henry Sackett+ b. 16 Sep 1806, d. 19 May 1851
- William Williams Sackett b. 13 Oct 1808, d. 1868
- Hannah Sackett b. 11 Sep 1810, d. 1811
- Samuel Sackett+ b. 30 Mar 1812, d. 1895
- Mary Hodgman Sackett b. 26 Jun 1814, d. Mar 1815
- Eliza Sackett b. 1816, d. 1889
- Mary Ann Sackett b. 1818, d. 20 Dec 1880
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Arthur Digerson Sackett & Florence Sackett relationship chart
Henry Digerson Sackett & Mary Bird Sackett relationship chart
John Jeremiah W Sackett & Julia Catherine Cook Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "29 January 1775 Jeremiah s. John & Catherine Sackett, b. 9 January."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1847. Sackett, Jeremiah, 72. Thanet. 5:426."
- Email from Robert Hughes to Chris Sackett, February 2010, date and place.
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "13 April 1797 Jeremiah Sackett, bachelor, of this parish, & Sarah Hodgeman, spinster, of this parish. Witnesses: Thomas Hope, William Cock."
"13 April 1797 Thomas Hope & Elizabeth Hodgeman. Witnesses: William Cock, Jeremiah Sackett."
- Will of John Sackett of St Peter in Thanet, Kent, 26 April 1823, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 7 April 1827 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-107-362).
- Website Pigot's Directory of Kent (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1840, Ramsgate, "Tailors. Sackett Jeremiah, 26 Harbour st."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Harbour Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremh Sackett, 65, tailor, b. Kent
Sarah Sackett, 61, b. Kent
Willm Sackett, 30, tailor, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 23, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 22, b. Kent
Sarah Bayley, 12, b. Kent
Sarah Hope, 36, FS, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 469; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Preston By Wingham [error for Ramsgate]; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 4; Folio: 38; Page: 25; Line: 8; GSU roll: 306864.
- Will of Jeremiah Sackett of Ramsgate, Kent, 24 February 1825, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 6 May 1847 (Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-111-456).
|Last Edited||1 Sep 2020|