Elizabeth Mary Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1806-1851)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Mary Elgar (1808-1873)|
Elizabeth, at a stated age of seven, emigrated with her parents from Thanet, Kent, to New York City, arriving there on the President on 10 June 1836.5
In 1855 she was living at New York CityG in the household of her husband Nicholas Manderville, 30, a teamster, and was recorded as Elizabeth Manderville, aged 20 and born in England. She had lived in New York for 18 years. Living with them were Nicholas's daughter Elizabeth, 10, (presumably from a previous marriage) and Nicholas and Elizabeth's children, Margaret, 4, and Nicholas Jr, aged two.6
Children of Elizabeth Mary Sackett and Nicholas Manderville
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "20 March 1831 Elizabeth Mary d. Henry & Eliz'th Sackett, St Lawrence, tailor."
- Email from Gordon Sackett Adams to Sackett Discussion List, June 2002.
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- "New York Passenger Lists, 1820–1897", digital image, FamilySearch, "Ship President arr. New York, 10 Jun 1836, from London, Henry Sackett, 30, clerk; Elizabeth Sackett, 29; Thomas Sackett, 9; Margaret Sackett, 4; Henry Sackett, 1; Elizabeth Sackett, 7; of England, intended res. America."
- 1855 New York state census, digital image, Ancestry.com, New York City, 25 Jun 1855
Nicholas Manderville, 30, b. Germany, teamster, res. NYC 20 y
Elizabeth Manderville, 20, wife, b. England, res. NYC 18 y
Elizabeth Manderville, 10, child, b. NY
Margaret Manderville, 4, child, b. NY
Nicholas Manderville Jr, 2, child, b. NY.
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||31 Jul 2017|