|Father||William Sackett (1771-1861)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Holt (c 1772-1845)|
In 1841 Hannah was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents William and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as Hannah Pay, aged 40 and born in Kent. Living with her were her husband James Pay, a shoemaker, aged 35, and their children, Charlotte, 15, Jane, 10, Elizabeth, 9, and Sarah, 6.4 [adult ages rounded down to nearest five years]
In 1851 she was living at 26 High Street, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of her husband, James, a postmaster, and was recorded as Hannah Pay, aged 43 and born in St Peter's. Living with them were their daughter, Sarah, 16, and Hannah's 80-year-old father, William.5
Children of Hannah Sackett and John Pay
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "6 October 1799 Hannah d. William & Elizabeth Sackett, bn 28 August."
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "13 December 1824 John Pay, bachelor of this parish, & Hannah Sackett, spinster of this parish. Witnesses: Jane Sackett, Charlotte Pay, Richard Moat, Charles Mockett, Frances Sackett, Nathaniel Busbridge."
- John Pay appears also to have been known as James. He is recorded as James in the baptism records of his daughters Charlotte (1826), Jane (1830), and Sarah (1834), but appears as John in Elizabeth's baptism record of 1832. He is listed as James in the 1841 census. This chronology would not support the possibility of there having been both a John and a James Pay, although the different occupations of John, a postmaster when he married, and James, a shoemaker in the 1841 census, is puzzling.
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
William Sackett, 65, coach maker, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 65, b. Kent
James Pay, 35, shoemaker, b. Kent
Hannah Pay, 40, b. Kent
Charlotte Pay, 15, b. Kent
Jane Pay, 10, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pay, 9, b. Kent
Sarah Pay, 6 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 13; Page: 18; Line: 15; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 High Street, St. Peters, Kent
James Pay, head, married, 49, postmaster, b. Kent, Minster
Hannah Pay, wife, 43, b. Kent, St. Peters
Sarah V. Pay, dau, unmarried, 16, b. Kent, St. Peters
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 80, blind, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||22 January 2009|