Sarah Vanhear Pay1
|Father||John Pay (c 1802-)|
|Mother||Hannah Sackett (1799-)|
In 1841 Sarah was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents James and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as Sarah Pay, aged six and born in Kent.3
In 1851 she was living at 26 High Street, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of her parents, James and Hannah, and was recorded as Sarah V Pay, unmarried, aged 16 and born in St Peter's.4
In 1861 she was living at 18 John Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her widowed father James [or John?] Pay, and was recorded as Sarah F Pay, a milliner, unmarried, aged 26, and born in St Peter's.5
Sarah was named as a beneficiary in her uncle Thomas Sackett's will made in St Peter's, KentG, on 31 October 1868.6
Notes & Citations
- Source for data on this individual not recorded.
- Baptism, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (IGI), "19 October 1834 Sarah Vanhear Pay d. James Pay & Hannah."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
William Sackett, 65, coach maker, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 65, b. Kent
James Pay, 35, shoemaker, b. Kent
Hannah Pay, 40, b. Kent
Charlotte Pay, 15, b. Kent
Jane Pay, 10, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pay, 9, b. Kent
Sarah Pay, 6 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 13; Page: 18; Line: 15; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 High Street, St. Peters, Kent
James Pay, head, married, 49, postmaster, b. Kent, Minster
Hannah Pay, wife, 43, b. Kent, St. Peters
Sarah V. Pay, dau, unmarried, 16, b. Kent, St. Peters
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 80, blind, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
18 John Street, Ramsgate, Kent
James Pay, head, widower, 59, shoemaker, b. Minster, Kent
Charlotte H Hobbs, dau, widow, 35, housekeeper, b. St Peter's
Sarah F Pay, dau, unm., 26, milliner, b. St Peter's
Thomas J Hobbs, grandson, 7, scholar, b. St Peter's
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 89, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington.
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St Peter's, Kent, 31 October 1868, proved in Canterbury, 27 July 1870 (Somerset House Indexes, unknown reference).
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Jan 2009|