Charlotte Hannah Pay1
|Father||John Pay (c 1802-)|
|Mother||Hannah Sackett (1799-)|
In 1841 Charlotte was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents James and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as Charlotte Pay, aged 15 and born in Kent.4
In 1861 she was living at 18 John Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her father James [or John?] Pay, a shoemaker, and was recorded as Charlotte H Hobbs, housekeeper, a widow, aged 35, and born in St Peter's. Living with her was her son Thomas, aged seven. Also in the household were her unmarried sister Sarah F Pay, 26, and her widowed grandfather William Sackett, 89.5
Charlotte was named as a beneficiary in her uncle Thomas Sackett's will made in St Peter's, KentG, on 31 October 1868.6
Child of Charlotte Hannah Pay and John Hobbs
- Thomas J Hobbs b. c 1854
Notes & Citations
- Source for data on this individual not recorded.
- Baptism, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (IGI), "12 February 1826 Charlotte Hannah Pay d. James Pay & Hannah."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1851. Pay, Charlotte H. I of Thanet. 5:517."
"Mar qtr 1851. Hobbs, John. I of Thanet. 5:517."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
William Sackett, 65, coach maker, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 65, b. Kent
James Pay, 35, shoemaker, b. Kent
Hannah Pay, 40, b. Kent
Charlotte Pay, 15, b. Kent
Jane Pay, 10, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pay, 9, b. Kent
Sarah Pay, 6 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 13; Page: 18; Line: 15; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
18 John Street, Ramsgate, Kent
James Pay, head, widower, 59, shoemaker, b. Minster, Kent
Charlotte H Hobbs, dau, widow, 35, housekeeper, b. St Peter's
Sarah F Pay, dau, unm., 26, milliner, b. St Peter's
Thomas J Hobbs, grandson, 7, scholar, b. St Peter's
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 89, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington.
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St Peter's, Kent, 31 October 1868, proved in Canterbury, 27 July 1870 (Somerset House Indexes, unknown reference).
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2008|