|Father||William Sackett (1741-1819)|
|Mother||Anne Ansell (1739-1833)|
In 1841 William was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, 65, coach maker, aged 65 and born in Kent. Living with him was his wife Elizabeth, 65. Also in the household were William and Elizabeth's daughter Hannah and her husband James Pay with their children, Charlotte, 15, Jane, 10, Elizabeth, 9, and Sarah, 6.8
In 1851 he was living at 26 High Street, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his son-in-law, James Pay, and daughter, Hannah, and was recorded as William Sackett, former postmaster, a widower, blind, aged 80 and born in Birchington.9
In 1861 he was living at 18 John Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his son-in-law James [or John?] Pay, and was recorded as William Sackett, a former postmaster, a widower, aged 89, and born in Birchington. Also in the household were his granddaughters Charlotte Hobbs, a widow aged 35, and Sarah Pay, unmarried and aged 26, and his great-grandson Thomas J Hobbs (Charlotte's son), aged seven.10
Children of William Sackett and Elizabeth Holt
- George Sackett b. 20 Jun 1798
- Hannah Sackett+ b. 28 Aug 1799
- William Sackett b. 25 Sep 1801
- Thomas Gisby Sackett b. 22 Jul 1803, d. 1803
- Thomas Sackett b. 28 Sep 1804, d. 20 Jun 1870
- Francis Sackett+ b. 9 May 1807, d. 14 Jan 1878
- Edward Brewer Sackett+ b. 24 Nov 1808, d. 5 Apr 1886
- Jane Simms Sackett+ b. 4 Feb 1811
- Henry Sackett b. 1813
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Alan Francis Pettman & Phyllis Mary Pemble relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, All Saints, Birchington, Kent (Transcript), "28 April 1771 William s. William & Ann Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1861. Sackett, William, 90. Thanet. 2a:410."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "16 November 1861 William Sackett, St Peter's, 90 years."
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "15 October 1797 William Sackett, bachelor, of this parish, waggoner, & Elizabeth Holt, spinster, of this parish. Witnesses: Edmund Marshall, Rd. Busbridge [freq wit.]."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1846. Sackett, Elizabeth, 73. Thanet. 5:331." [Appears to be a late registration - Elizabeth died June 1845].
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "2 July 1845 Elizabeth Sackett, St Peter's, 73 years."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
William Sackett, 65, coach maker, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 65, b. Kent
James Pay, 35, shoemaker, b. Kent
Hannah Pay, 40, b. Kent
Charlotte Pay, 15, b. Kent
Jane Pay, 10, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pay, 9, b. Kent
Sarah Pay, 6 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 13; Page: 18; Line: 15; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 26 High Street, St. Peters, Kent
James Pay, head, married, 49, postmaster, b. Kent, Minster
Hannah Pay, wife, 43, b. Kent, St. Peters
Sarah V. Pay, dau, unmarried, 16, b. Kent, St. Peters
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 80, blind, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
18 John Street, Ramsgate, Kent
James Pay, head, widower, 59, shoemaker, b. Minster, Kent
Charlotte H Hobbs, dau, widow, 35, housekeeper, b. St Peter's
Sarah F Pay, dau, unm., 26, milliner, b. St Peter's
Thomas J Hobbs, grandson, 7, scholar, b. St Peter's
William Sackett, father-in-law, widower, 89, formerly postmaster, b. Birchington.
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|