Elizabeth Holt Pay
|Father||John Pay (c 1802-)|
|Mother||Hannah Sackett (1799-)|
In 1841 Elizabeth was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents James and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Pay, aged nine and born in Kent.3
In 1861 she was living at Callis Court Farm, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of her uncle and aunt, Thomas and Harriet Sackett, and was recorded as Elizabeth Hunt, a visitor, married, aged 29, and born in St Peter's. Living with her were her children, Hannah, 2, and Charles, aged two months.4
Elizabeth was named as a beneficiary in her uncle Thomas Sackett's will made in St Peter's, KentG, on 31 October 1868.5
Children of Elizabeth Holt Pay and James Hunt
- Harriet Sackett Hunt
- Hannah Pay Hunt b. c 1858
- Charles Hunt4 b. 1861
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (IGI), "26 February 1832 Elizabeth Holt Pay d. John Pay & Hannah."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1858. Pay, Elizabeth Holt. Thanet. 2a:915."
"Jun qtr 1858. Hunt, James. Thanet. 2a:915."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
William Sackett, 65, coach maker, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 65, b. Kent
James Pay, 35, shoemaker, b. Kent
Hannah Pay, 40, b. Kent
Charlotte Pay, 15, b. Kent
Jane Pay, 10, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pay, 9, b. Kent
Sarah Pay, 6 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 13; Page: 18; Line: 15; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Callis Court Farm, St Peter's, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 56, farmer, 81 acres, 2 men & 1 boy, b. St Peter's
Harriet Sackett, wife, 58, b. Acol, Kent
Jane Pay, serv., unm., 30, house servant, b. St Peter's
Thomas Sackett, serv., unm., 28, carter, b. St Nicholas, Kent
George Culmer, serv., unm., 21, carter, b. St Nicholas
Henry Sackett, serv., 14, carter, b. St Peter's
Eliz. Hunt, visitor, married, 29, b. St Peter's
Hannah Hunt, visitor, 2, b. Ramsgate
Charles Hunt, visitor, 2 months, b. Ramsgate.
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St Peter's, Kent, 31 October 1868, proved in Canterbury, 27 July 1870 (Somerset House Indexes, unknown reference).
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||21 November 2008|