Rufus William Sackett
|Father||Rufus Sackett (1808-1875)|
|Mother||Frances Parsons (1809-1879)|
Rufus was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in NorthamptonG.4
Rufus made his will in NorthamptonG, naming as beneficiaries his sons John, William and Nathaniel, and his daughters Sarah, Minnie and Eva.2
In 1870 Rufus was living in NorthamptonG and was recorded in the census as Rufus W Sackett, a furniture driver and jobber, aged 39, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Sarah, aged 37, and born in Massachusetts, and their children, Sarah (18), John (16), Henry (14), Elizabeth (11), Willie (9), Minnie (7), Nathaniel (5), and Eva (3.)5
Children of Rufus William Sackett and Sarah Maria Janes
- Sarah Frances Sackett b. 6 Jan 1852
- Henry Edward Sackett b. 29 Aug 1853, d. 30 Sep 1873
- John Randolph Sackett+ b. 26 Aug 1855, d. 31 Dec 1926
- Elisabeth Mary Sackett b. 30 Dec 1856, d. 12 Nov 1878
- William Rufus Sackett+ b. 24 Aug 1858
- Minnie Truesdell Sackett b. 25 Jul 1862
- Nathaniel Parsons Sackett b. 10 Sep 1864
- Eva Isabelle Sackett b. 5 Jan 1869
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3380. Rufus W. Sackett, b. Dec. 25, 1830, d. Dec. 5, 1889; m. Sarah M. Jones."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society) , , "Sackett, Rufus W. of Northampton, merchant, son of Rufus Sackett (Eliakim) & Frances Parsons, b. no record (1830) at Northampton, d. Dec. 5 1889 Æ 59 at Northampton, bur. at Northampton – Bridge St. Cemetery, m. May 6 1851 (Janes Gen. p.351) to Sarah N. Janes of Northampton, dau. of Samuel Patric Janes of Northfield? & Sarah Parsons, b. Oct. 2 1832 (1833) at Northampton, d. Jan. 22 1879 Æ at Northampton."
[5621A], "lived in Worcester 1868. Children: Sarah F., b. Jan. 6 1852; Henry E., b. Aug. 29 1853; John R., b. Aug. 26 1855; Elizabeth M., b. Dec. 30 1856; Rufus, b. Aug. 24 1858; Nathaniel P., b. Sept. 10 1864; Minnie F.; Eva B., b. Jan. 5 1869. Janes Genealogy p. 351 & Parsons II–202."
, Hampshire Co. Probate Box 243 No. 5, "Sackett, Rufus W. of Northampton, died Dec. 5 1889. Charles N. Clark of Nhn. Admr. Widow: dead. Heirs: Sarah Frances Sackett, daughter, Chicago, Ill., now Sarah F. Mentz; John R. Sackett, son, Springfield; William R. Sackett, son, Northampton; Minnie F. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Nathaniel P. Sackett, son, Northampton, b. Sept. 10 1864; Eva B. Sackett, daughter, Northampton, b. Jan. 5 1869."
[5622A], "Wife Sarah Janes d. bef. Oct. 1885. In Mar. 1892: Eva B. Sackett was Eva B. Armstrong of Albany, N.Y. (Hus ?A.B.Armstrong); Nathaniel P. Sackett of Chicago, Cook Co., Ill.; Minnie T. Sackett, of Albany, N.Y.; William R. Sackett & wife Emma J. of Merrick, Hampden Co., Mass.; John R. Sackett of Springfield; Sarah F. Mentz of Chicago (?Hus. A.T.Mentz)."
, death, "Sackett, Rufus W. Widowed. Northampton Deaths Vol. 1 p. 151. Dec. 5 1889, 59y, merchant, at Northampton, res. Northampton, b. 1830 at Northampton, father: Rufus Sackett, b. Northampton, mother: Frances Parsons, b. Northampton, wife: Sarah M. Janes. Cause of death: fall from wagon fracturing skull. Cemetery: No. 1."
, death, "Sackett, Sarah M. (Janes), married. Northampton Deaths Vol. 5 p. 156. Jan. 22 1879, 46y, at Northampton, res. Northampton, b. Oct. 2 1832 at Northampton, father: Samuel P. Janes, b. Northampton, mother: Sarah Parsons, husband: Rufus W. Sackett. Cause of death: typhoid fever. Cemetery: No. 1."
- Vital Records, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Sarah M. (Janes), Northampton, 1879, v311, p18, Death
"1879 January 22, Sarah M (Janes) Sackett, f, married, 46, typhoid fever, [place of death blank], [occupation blank], b. Northampton, parents Samuel P[?] & Sarah, father b. Northampton, mother b. Northampton."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society) ,  Hampshire Co. Probate Box 343 No. 4, "Sacket, Rufus of Northampton, died Aug. 14 1875. Frederick A. Sackett, Administrator, a son. Widow – Frances. Other heirs: Rufus W. Sackett, Northampton; Louisa F. Day, daughter, Northampton, wife of Lewis Day; Alice J. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Jerusha E. Allen, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Wm B. Allen; Sarah E. Marsh, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Chas Marsh; Josephine Sackett, daughter, Boston; Ella M. Sackett, daughter, New Haven, Ct.; George Sackett, son, Springfield."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_621/300
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
Sackett, Rufus W, 39, furniture driver and jobber, $3,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah M, 37, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah, 18, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, John, 16, at home, b. New Jersey
Sackett, Henry, 14, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Elizabeth, 11, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Willie, 9, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Minnie, 7, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Nathaniel, 5, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Eva, 3, at home, b. Mass.
|Last Edited||31 May 2013|