Minnie Truesdell Sackett
|Father||Rufus William Sackett (1830-1889)|
|Mother||Sarah Maria Janes (1832-1879)|
In 1870 Minnie was living at Northampton, Hampshire County, MassachusettsG, in the household of her parents Rufus and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Minnie Sackett, aged seven, at home, and born in Massachusetts.4
Minnie was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in NorthamptonG.5
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, v152, p270, birth, "1862 July 25, Minnie T Sackett, f, at Worcester, d. Rufus W & Sarah M, of Worcester, book keeper, father b. Northampton, mother b. Northampton."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society) , [5621A], "Children [of Rufus W Sackett & Sarah N Janes]: Sarah F., b. Jan. 6 1852; Henry E., b. Aug. 29 1853; John R., b. Aug. 26 1855; Elizabeth M., b. Dec. 30 1856; Rufus, b. Aug. 24 1858; Nathaniel P., b. Sept. 10 1864; Minnie F.; Eva B., b. Jan. 5 1869. Janes Genealogy p. 351 & Parsons II–202."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "6135. Minnie Truesdell Sackett, b. July 25, 1862; m. Charles R. Cotton."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_621/300
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
Sackett, Rufus W, 39, furniture driver and jobber, $3,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah M, 37, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah, 18, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, John, 16, at home, b. New Jersey
Sackett, Henry, 14, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Elizabeth, 11, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Willie, 9, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Minnie, 7, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Nathaniel, 5, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Eva, 3, at home, b. Mass.
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society) , , Hampshire Co. Probate Box 243 No. 5, "Sackett, Rufus W. of Northampton, died Dec. 5 1889. Charles N. Clark of Nhn. Admr. Widow: dead. Heirs: Sarah Frances Sackett, daughter, Chicago, Ill., now Sarah F. Mentz; John R. Sackett, son, Springfield; William R. Sackett, son, Northampton; Minnie F. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Nathaniel P. Sackett, son, Northampton, b. Sept. 10 1864; Eva B. Sackett, daughter, Northampton, b. Jan. 5 1869."
[5622A], "Wife Sarah Janes d. bef. Oct. 1885. In Mar. 1892: Eva B. Sackett was Eva B. Armstrong of Albany, N.Y. (Hus ?A.B.Armstrong); Nathaniel P. Sackett of Chicago, Cook Co., Ill.; Minnie T. Sackett, of Albany, N.Y.; William R. Sackett & wife Emma J. of Merrick, Hampden Co., Mass.; John R. Sackett of Springfield; Sarah F. Mentz of Chicago (?Hus. A.T.Mentz)."
|Last Edited||19 October 2009|