William Rufus Sackett
|Father||Rufus William Sackett (1830-1889)|
|Mother||Sarah Maria Janes (1832-1879)|
In 1870 William was living at Northampton, Hampshire County, MassachusettsG, in the household of his parents Rufus and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Willie Sackett, aged nine and born in Massachusetts.4
William was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in NorthamptonG.5
Child of William Rufus Sackett and Emma Jane Allen
- Edward Henry Sackett b. 16 Sep 1881
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "6134. William Rufus Sackett, b. Sept. 6, 1858; m. Emma Jane Allen."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society), [5621A], "Children [of Rufus W Sackett & Sarah N Janes]: Sarah F., b. Jan. 6 1852; Henry E., b. Aug. 29 1853; John R., b. Aug. 26 1855; Elizabeth M., b. Dec. 30 1856; Rufus, b. Aug. 24 1858; Nathaniel P., b. Sept. 10 1864; Minnie F.; Eva B., b. Jan. 5 1869. Janes Genealogy p. 351 & Parsons II–202."
- "New York, Marriage Newspaper Extracts, 1801–1880 (Barber Collection)", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Saturday, June 19, 1880. June 9, Rev J S Brookbridge: Wm R Sackett of Northampton, Mass, to Emma J Allen dau H G of city."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_621/300
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
Sackett, Rufus W, 39, furniture driver and jobber, $3,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah M, 37, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Sarah, 18, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, John, 16, at home, b. New Jersey
Sackett, Henry, 14, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Elizabeth, 11, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Willie, 9, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Minnie, 7, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Nathaniel, 5, at home, b. Mass
Sackett, Eva, 3, at home, b. Mass.
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society), , Hampshire Co. Probate Box 243 No. 5, "Sackett, Rufus W. of Northampton, died Dec. 5 1889. Charles N. Clark of Nhn. Admr. Widow: dead. Heirs: Sarah Frances Sackett, daughter, Chicago, Ill., now Sarah F. Mentz; John R. Sackett, son, Springfield; William R. Sackett, son, Northampton; Minnie F. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Nathaniel P. Sackett, son, Northampton, b. Sept. 10 1864; Eva B. Sackett, daughter, Northampton, b. Jan. 5 1869."
[5622A], "Wife Sarah Janes d. bef. Oct. 1885. In Mar. 1892: Eva B. Sackett was Eva B. Armstrong of Albany, N.Y. (Hus ?A.B.Armstrong); Nathaniel P. Sackett of Chicago, Cook Co., Ill.; Minnie T. Sackett, of Albany, N.Y.; William R. Sackett & wife Emma J. of Merrick, Hampden Co., Mass.; John R. Sackett of Springfield; Sarah F. Mentz of Chicago (?Hus. A.T.Mentz)."
|Last Edited||13 August 2012|