|Father||Moses Sacket (1766-1850)|
|Mother||Tryphena Hiscock (1772-1854)|
In 1870 Noah was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Noah Sackett, a farmer, aged 55, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Olive, 52, and their children, Melissa, 27, George 24, and James, aged twelve.7
Noah was included in a list of principal tax payers of Westfield published in the Westfield News-Letter in August 1872.8
Children of Noah Sacket and Olive Nelson
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:200.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Noah, s. Moses & Tryphena Hiscock, b. Feb. 11, 1815."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v319, p393, death, "1880 February 7, Noah Sackett, male, married, 64-11-26, paralysis, at Westfield, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Moses Sackett & Tryphena, parents b. Westfield."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Noah Sacket of W. and Olive Nelson of W; m. [date blank]."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Noah, Westfield, 1876, v280, p367, Marriage
"May 10th 1876, Noah Sackett, of Westfield, 61, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Moses & Trephena, second marriage, & Maletha[?] E (Loring) Hurick, of Westfield, 45, b. Blandford, d. Simon W[?] Loring & Jane A, second marriage. Married by A J Titsworth, 1st Cong Church."
- Birthplace from marriage record.
- 1870 United States Federal Census
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Noah, 55, farmer, $5,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Olive, 52, keeping house, $3,000, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Malissa, 27, female, no occupation, b. Mass
Sackett, George, 24, farm laborer, b. Mass
Sackett, James, 12, attending school, b. Mass.
- Westfield News-Letter, Westfield, Massachusetts (Westfield Athenaeum image), 23 Aug 1872, p 2
The Heaviest Tax Payers.
The following list includes, we believe, the principal tax payers of Westfield.
[List of about 500 names includes:] Marshall A Sackett $55.83; Sackett Est of H $53.65; Sackett Noah $102.42; Sackett James M $71.17; Sackett & Cadwell $78.45; Sackett Roland $97.80; Sackett Martin $91.40; Sackett George $67.26; Sackett Enoch $101.60; Sackett Henry $132.65; Sackett Chas D $ 92.57.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Noah Sacket & Olive Nelson relationship chart
|Last Edited||3 Oct 2023|