|Father||Moses Sacket (1766-1850)|
|Mother||Tryphena Hitchcock (say 1775-)|
In 1870 Noah was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Noah Sackett, a farmer, aged 55, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Olive, aged 52, and born in Massachusetts, and their children, Melissa (27), George (24), and James (12.)10
Children of Noah Sacket and Olive Nelson
- Denison N. Sackett b. 1842, d. 31 Dec 1915
- Melissa O Sackett+ b. Aug 1843, d. 1 Feb 1919
- George Bentley Sackett b. 5 Mar 1846, d. 1 Jan 1917
- James Andrew Sackett b. 1857, d. 1933
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:200.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Noah, s. Moses & Tryphena Hiscock, b. Feb. 11, 1815."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v319, p393, death, "1880 February 7, Noah Sackett, male, married, 64-11-26, paralysis, at Westfield, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Moses Sackett & Tryphena, parents b. Westfield."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Noah Sacket of W. and Olive Nelson of W; m. [date blank]."
- Birth data from death record.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Olive (Nelson), Westfield, 1873, v257, p54, Death
"1873 Dec 11, Olive (Nelson) Sackett, female, married, 55-5, typhoid fever, at Westfield, b. Westfield, d. Horace & Sally, parents b. Westfield."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Noah, Westfield, 1876, v280, p367, Marriage
"May 10th 1876, Noah Sackett, of Westfield, 61, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Moses & Trephena, second marriage, & Maletha[?] E (Loring) Hurick, of Westfield, 45, b. Blandford, d. Simon W[?] Loring & Jane A, second marriage. Married by A J Titsworth, 1st Cong Church."
- Birthplace from marriage record.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/438
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Noah, 55, farmer, $5,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Olive, 52, keeping house, $3,000, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Malissa, 27, female, no occupation, b. Mass
Sackett, George, 24, farm laborer, b. Mass
Sackett, James, 12, attending school, b. Mass.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||18 October 2009|