Melissa O Sackett1
|Father||Noah Sacket (1815-1880)|
|Mother||Olive Nelson (1818-1873)|
In 1870 Melissa was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in the household of her parents Noah and Olive, and was recorded in the census as Malissa Sackett, aged 27, of no occupation, and born in Massachusetts.5
Children of Melissa O Sackett and John Lewis Smith
- Haddie Smith
- Fred S. Smith b. 25 Sep 1879, d. 20 Apr 1895
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v4, p219, birth, "[?day] Aug 1843, female, d. Noah[?] & Olive Sackett, [father's occupation blank]."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v289, p372, marriage, "Jany 17, 1877, John S Smith, of Westfield, 35, carpenter, b. Southwick, s. Louis & Lydia, 1st marriage, & Mellissa O Sackett, of Westfield, [age blank], b. Westfield, d. Noah & Olive, 1st marriage. Married by A J Titsworth, Pastor, Congl. Ch."
- Birthplace from marriage record.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/438
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Noah, 55, farmer, $5,000, $3,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Olive, 52, keeping house, $3,000, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Malissa, 27, female, no occupation, b. Mass
Sackett, George, 24, farm laborer, b. Mass
Sackett, James, 12, attending school, b. Mass.
|Last Edited||25 April 2013|