|Father||Ezra Sacket (1750-1834)|
|Mother||Lydia Lovering (c 1750-1831)|
Charlotte was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in WestfieldG on 1 March 1834. She was to receive a sum of $1.9
Horace Nelson made his will at WestfieldG on 10 February 1841. He left Charlotte half the household furniture and the use of half the real estate during her lifetime. Their daughters, Olive (who was later to marry her 4th cousin Noah Sacket) and Lydia, were to have the furniture after their mother's death, and son George was to have the residue of the estate. Also remembered in his will were his daughters of his first marriage, Polly who had married Marvin Sacket, and Clarissa. The will was proved at the Hampden County Probate Court in Springfield on 1 March 1842.10
In 1850 Charlotte was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son George and daughter-in-law Emeline, and was recorded in the census as Charlott Nelson, aged 64 and born in Massachusetts.11
In 1870 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son George and daughter-in-law Emeline, and was recorded as Charlotte Nelson, aged 85.12
Date: 10 Feb 1841.
Proved: Springfield Probate Court, 1 Mar 1842.
Wife Charlotte, household furniture during lifetime, use of half of real estate during lifetime.
Daus Olive Nelson & Lydia Nelson, half each of furniture after wife's death.
Dau Olive, $50.
Dau Lydia $100.
Dau Polly, wife of Marvin Sacket, $5.
Dau Clarissa, wife of Paul Shepard, $5.
Son George, residue of estate, real & personal.
Executor: son George.
Witnesses: Elijah Arnold, Henry Taylor, Augustus Collins.
Children of Charlotte Sacket and Horace Nelson
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "605. Charlotte Sacket, m. Horace Nelson."
- Death record.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Death Records, 1841-1915" (Ancestry image), 14 Oct 1875, Charlotte (Sackett) Nelson, widow, 90-3, old age, d. Westfield, MA, b. Wfd, father Ezra b. Wfd, mother Lydia b. ?perrick."
- Find a Grave.
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Compiled Birth, Marriage, and Death Records, 1700-1850" (Ancestry image), West Springfield Births, "Nelson, s. Aaron, bp. 19 Sep 1779."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Death Records, 1841-1915" (Ancestry image), "Jan 1842, H Nelson, 63, farmer, d. Westfield, Massachusetts, dropsy of the heart."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image), Hampden County Probate Court, 1834, Ezra Sacket, case 9705.
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image), Hampden County Probate Court papers, 1842, estate of Horace Nelson, case no. 8192.
- 1850 United States census
Roll 318, p 213b
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Nelson, George, 35, farmer, real estate $2,000, b. MA
Nelson, Emeline, 35, b. MA
Nelson, Horace G, 1, b. MA
Nelson, Charlott, 64, b. MA.
- 1870 United States census
Roll M593_619, p 436B, FHL film
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Nelson, George, 55, farmer, real estate $2000, personal estate $1000, b. MA
Nelson, Emeline, 55, keeping house, b. MA
Nelson, Horace, 21, farm laborer, b. MA
Nelson, Henry, 17, farm laborer, b. MA
Nelson, Charlotte, 85, no occupation, b. MA.
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Noah Sacket & Olive Nelson relationship chart
|Last Edited||11 Jun 2022|