|Father||William Sackett (1577-1639/40)|
|Mother||Joan Parker (c 1580-1636/37)|
Robert was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at Ash next SandwichG on 27 June 1639.4 He was left (with his brother Thomas) his father's dwelling house, malthouses and the residue of the estate after other specific bequests. He was also left a share in an annuity which was the subject of a law suit.
Robert made his will at Herne on 14 November 1658, naming as beneficiaries his wife Mary, his brothers Paul, Jeffery, Thomas, William and John, his nephews John Sackett and Thomas Sackett, and his niece Mary Sackett.5 From his will, it would appear that Robert and Mary were childless, although the bequest to his wife's granddaughter indicates that Mary had at least one child from her previous marriage.
Date: 14 November 1658.
Proved: Consistory Court of Canterbury, 11 October 1662.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 32-53-196.
Testator: Robert Sackett, yeoman, Herne, Kent.
Brothers, Paul, Jeffery, Thomas, William, 20/- each.
Wife’s grandchild, Sarah Woodward, £10 at 18.
John, son of brother John Sackett, £3 to be paid by my brother Jeffery Sackett which he owes me.
John Sackett, 40/-.
Mary, dau of brother John Sackett, £5 at 21.
Thomas, son of brother Paul Sackett, £3.
Wife Marie, residue.
Executrix: wife Marie.
Witnesses: John Pluzied?, John Henria, Thomas Braine.
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John, Ickham, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "1610 The xviith of the same month [June] Robert the child of Willm Sacket was christened."
- Burials Register, St Martin, Herne, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "13 Aug 1662 Robt Sacket householder was buryed."
- Marriages Register, St Martin, Herne, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "15 Jun 1643 Robert Sackett & Mary Woodward."
- Will of William Saket of Ash, Kent, 27 June 1639, proved in the Canterbury Consistory Court, 31 March 1640 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 31-116-81).
- Will of Robert Sackett of Herne, Kent, 14 November 1658, proved in the Canterbury Consistory Court, 11 October 1662 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 32-53-196).
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||11 May 2019|