|Father||William Sackett (1577-1639/40)|
|Mother||Joan Parker (c 1580-1636/37)|
Thomas was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at Ash next SandwichG on 27 June 1639.5 He was left (with brother Robert) his father's dwelling house, malthouses and the residue of the estate after various specific bequests.
Thomas was named as a beneficiary in his brother Robert's will made in Herne, KentG, on 14 November 1658.6 He was left a sum of £1.
An inventory of Thomas's estate was taken at Ash next SandwichG on 30 October 1673. His livestock, crops, and household goods were valued at £54.7,8 The date of the inventory, seven years after Thomas's death in 1666, is puzzling, but no other candidate to whom the inventory could relate is found. It may be assumed that the Jeffery Sacket Jnr who signed the inventory was Thomas's brother, although the suffix "Jnr" is also puzzling. Jeffery, the brother, had a son Jeffery, but the son would have been only about 13 at the date of the inventory.
Date: 30 Oct 1673.
Registered: Consistory Court of Canterbury.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 27-25-88.
A true and perfect Inventory of all & singular the goods Ch'ells and Credits of Thomas Sackett late of Ash in the County of Kent deceased taken and apprised as followeth viz.
In primis, two Cowes and two buds, £8–0s–0d
Item, two mares, 7–0–0
Item, one sow and eight pigs, 2–0–0
Item, one acre of flax, 5–0–0
Item, 15 quarters of malt, 11–0–0
Item, two tables and one presse, 3–0–0
Item, 4 chayres and 3 stooles, 0–10–0
Item, 2 bedds, 2 bedstedles & two shefts, 4–0–0
Item, 6 paire of sheetes, one dozen of napkins and foure towels, 4–0–0
Item, two potts, 2 Kettles, one furnine, 3–0–0
Item, 20 sackes, 4 halfe barrels, 3 tubbs, 1–10–0
Item, Pewter and brass, 4–0–0
Item, one hand Mill, 2–0–0
Item, old lumber & things unseen, 0–10–0
Sume totall £54–10s–0d
Jeffery Sacket Jnr
xxxo Octobr 1673 [then some Latin untranscribed]
Children of Thomas Sackett and Mary Coleman
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "3 January 1618/19 Thomas Sacket filius Guilielmi Sacket, born 25[?] Dec."
- Burials Register, St Nicholas, Ash-next-Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "3 Oct 1666 Thomas Sacket houskeeper."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "5 May 1642 Thomas Sackett of Ash, maltster, bachelor, about 24, whose parents are dead & Mary Coleman of St Mary’s in Sandwich, whose parents are also dead. At Ash or St Mary in Sandwich. Paul Sackett of Staple, carpenter, bondsman."
- Marriage, St Mary, Sandwich, Kent (IGI), "19 March 1642 Thomas Sackett & Mary Coaleman." [Note: discrepancy in dates. Marriage 19 Mar 1642. Licence 5 May 1642.]
- Will of William Saket of Ash, Kent, 27 June 1639, proved in the Canterbury Consistory Court, 31 March 1640 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 31-116-81).
- Will of Robert Sackett of Herne, Kent, 14 November 1658, proved in the Canterbury Consistory Court, 11 October 1662 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 32-53-196).
- Inventory of the estate of Thomas Sackett of Ash, Kent, taken 30 October 1673 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 27-25-88).
- Inventory to be checked further; in particular to identify Jeffery Sacket Jnr who took the inventory.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||15 May 2019|