(1608-between 1658 & 1663)
, son of William Sackett
and Joan Parker
, was baptized at Wingham, KentG
, on 28 February 1607/8.1
He died between 14 November 1658, when he was named in his brother Robert's will, and 27 April 1663, when he was recorded in his daughter Mary's marriage licence allegation as having died. He married at St Paul, CanterburyG
, on 25 June 1635, Elizabeth Turner.2,3
She died before 1663 (daughter Mary's marriage licence allegation.)
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at Ash next SandwichG
on 27 June 1639.4
He was described as the 'second son' (after William) and was to inherit £15 as well as sharing with his brothers and sisters in an annuity which was the subject of a legal dispute. He was also named as a beneficiary in his brother Robert
's will made in Herne, KentG
, on 14 November 1658.5
He was to inherit forty shillings. Robert also made bequests to John's children, John and Mary.
Children of John Sackett and Elizabeth Turner
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Wingham, Kent, "28 February 1607/08 John s. William Sackett."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "1635 John Sackett & Elizabeth Turner."
- Marriages Register, St Paul, Canterbury, Kent (Transcript), "25 June 1635 John Sacket & Elizabeth Turner."
- Will of William Saket of Ash, Kent, 27 June 1639, proved at Canterbury Consistory Court, 31 March 1640 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 31-116-81).
- Will of Robert Sackett of Herne, Kent, 14 November 1658, proved at Canterbury Consistory Court, 11 October 1662 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 32-53-196).
|Last Edited||8 October 2019|