- Sackett's Hill, St Peter in Thanet, Kent
The former Sackett's Hill House was destroyed by fire in 1942.
- Sackett's Hill lies within the parish of St Peter in Thanet, just off the Dane Court Road, about a twenty-minute walk from St Peter's Church along part of the thousand year-old path that connects the ancient churches of St Lawrence, St Peter, and St John—the same path trodden over the centuries by many generations of Sacketts.
- Map, history, & picture gallery
INDIA, NEW DELHI
- There are "Saket" districts in New Delhi, India. The name would appear to have a distinct Indian derivation and is not related to the Sackett family.
- 1. "Saket is an upmarket residential colony located in the South Delhi district, of Delhi, India. The name Saket in Sanskrit means a place that is close to the heavens and Saket was the ancient name of the city of Ayodhya."—see Wikipedia: Saket (Delhi).
- 2. "Saket District Centre is a commercial centre located in Saket, New Delhi."—see Wikipedia: Saket District Centre.
- Sackett Hall, Kuskokwim Campus, University of Alaska
- Sackett Hall was built in 1984 as a coed campus residence for full-time students. (University of Alaska, http://www.alaska.edu/)
- Named after Alaskan Senator John C Sackett (http://www.alaska.edu/uajourney/regents/1987-1988-john-sackett/)
- Sackett Family Cemetery, Jackson County, Arkansas
- elevation 236 feet
- The Sackett Family Cemetery sits on one acre of land and consists of nine interments in total; three marked and six unmarked. (Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/)
- Sacketts Gulch, Sierra County, California
- Valley, 394235N, 1205532W, 4,692 feet
- Sackett's Well, California
- Louis L'Amour, author of a series of books about a fictional Sackett family, "got the name from a desert well somewhat west of Yuma, Arizona, although it is in California. The "well" (you have to dig several barrels of sand before reaching water) was discovered by a Lt. Delos B. Sackett who was with a government expedition and the water was desperately needed for their mules." (Letter, 28 June 1981, Louis L'Amour to Ruth Elzey Rawlings, http://freepages.books.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~teking/sackett_docs/L-Amour_letter.jpg).
- Sackett's Wells, Imperial County, California
- Sackett's Wells is a former settlement in Imperial County, California. It was located 3 miles west-northwest of Indian Wells. (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackett%27s_Wells,_California)
- Sackett Reservoir, Delta County, Colorado
- 390359N, 1075001W, elevation 10,456 feet
- also Sackett Dam, Delta County, 390402N, 1075000W, 10,482 feet
- Sackett Avenue, Salida, Colorado
- Sackett Point, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Cape, 412202N, 0725225W, elevation 13 feet
- also Sackett Point Road, North Haven, Connecticut
- Sackett Township, now Salisbury, Sangamon County, Illinois
- Sackett Township was included in a list in 1861 of the 24 townships in Sangamon County. (Research data: John Power, History of the early settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois). The name was changed to Salisbury Township in 1867. (Wikipedia)
- Sackett Cemetery, Sangamon County, Illinois
- elevation 610 feet
- also known as Garrett Cemetery, Old Stout Cemetery (Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/)
- Sackett, Letcher County, Kentucky
- Populated place, 371209N, 0825307W, elevation 1,129 feet
- also Sackett Loop over Rockhouse Creek, bridge carrying one-lane highway over waterway (Uglybridges.com, http://uglybridges.com/)
- Sacketts Pond, Round Bay, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Lake, 390434N, 0763442W, elevation 7 feet
- Sackett Brook, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Stream, 422520N, 0731410W, elevation 961 feet
- Sackett Brook Park, Pittsfield East, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- 422533N, 0731216W, elevation 1,030 feet
- Upper Sackett Reservoir, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- 422502N, 0730953W, elevation 1,526 feet
- Lower Sackett Reservoir, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- 422519N, 0730959W, elevation 1,293 feet
- Sackett Hill, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Summit, variant name of Warner Hill, 422502N, 0730906W, elevation 2,057 feet, 2 miles SW of Hinsdale
- Sacket Brook, Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- Stream, 421157N, 0724603W, elevation 259 feet
- Sackett Reservoir, Hampden County, Massachusetts
- 420542N, 0724810W, elevation 423 feet
- Sackett Cemetery, Monroe County, Michigan
- variant name of King Cemetery, 415628N, 0833036W, elevation 630 feet
- The King/Sackett Cemetery is located in Section 20 of Raisinville Township, Ribbon Farm No. 489, South Custer Road (M-50), east of Dixon Road, Monroe. Owner: Township. (Michigan USGenWeb Archives, http://www.usgwarchives.org/mi/tsphoto/monroe/king.htm)
- Sackett Hall, Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, Michigan
H Louise (Doe) Sackett, second wife of Edward Sackett, gave Sackett Hall to the Tappan Presbyterian Association.
- See Edward Sacket (1806–1866), son of Augustus Sacket of Sackets Harbor.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, 28 March 1892:
"Mrs. H.L.D. Sackett. Ann Arbor, Mich., March 27.—[Special.]—Mrs. H. Louise D. Sackett died in this city this evening of paralysis. She gave Sackett Hall and the site on which McMillan Hall stands to the Tappan Presbyterian Association, and recently gave a $4,000 organ to the Presbyterian Church. She gave during her life fully $50,000 in benefactions."
- Sackett Playground, Ramsey County, Minnesota
- Park, 445825N, 0930150W, elevation 912 feet
USA, NEW MEXICO
- Sackett Mine, Sandoval County, New Mexico
- 355059N, 1070217W, elevation 6,903 feet
USA, NEW YORK STATE
- Sackets Harbor, Black River Bay, Jefferson County, New York
Augustus Sacket's mansion, built 1802, is now the Visitor Center.
- Populated place, 435646N, 0760709W, elevation 282 feet
- Sackets Harbor is the best known of Sackett places. It was founded in 1801 by New York lawyer and businessman Augustus Sacket (1769–1827). Because of its sheltered position in Black River Bay, on the south-east shore of Lake Ontario, it was of major strategic importance during the War of 1812 as headquarters of the Northern Army and Fleet.
- Notable Sacketts—Augustus Sacket
- The village is a New York State Heritage Area with exceptional historic attractions. Augustus Sacket's mansion is now the Visitor Center.
- Website, Village of Sackets Harbor Visitors' Guide
- Sackets Harbor on Wikipedia
- Sackett Creek, Tioga County, New York
- Stream, 420139N, 0762259W, elevation 771 feet
- Sackett Lake, Thompson, Sullivan County, New York
- 413733N, 0744425W, elevation 1,329 feet
- Sackett Lake on Wikipedia
- Sacketts Harbor, Chenango County, New York
- Locale, 422103N, 0754421W, elevation 928 feet
- Sacketts Harbor, Livingston County, New York
- Populated place, 424747N, 0774315W, elevation 843 feet
- Sackett Foot Bridge, Tompkins County, New York
- 422706N, 0762823W, elevation 781 feet
- Sackett Farms Airstrip, Genesee County, New York
- Airport, 430431N, 0780257W, elevation 650 feet
- Sackett Street, Brooklyn, New York
- Named after Samuel Sackett (1765–1822), who worked in poor relief, and whose house was the site for the first regular hospital in Brooklyn.
- Sackett Cemetery, Ottawa County, Ohio
- 413149N, 0824714W, elevation 604 feet
- Sackett School, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- 412746N, 0814226W, elevation 689 feet
- Sacket Run, Washington County, Ohio
- Stream, 393250N, 0811322W, elevation 646 feet
- Sackett Field, Portage County, Ohio
- Airport, 410448N, 0811902W, elevation 1,115 feet
- Sackett Elementary School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Sackett Hall, Oregon State University
- Named after Beatrice Marguerite (Walton) Sackett (1897–1947), Vice-President of the Oregon State Board of Higher Education
- Sackett, Elk County, Pennsylvania
- Populated place, 413153N, 0785413W, elevation 1,900 feet
- Mentioned in the newspaper Indiana Progress (Indiana, Pennsylvania), 19 Aug 1891:
Postal changes for the week. … New postoffices have been established as follows: … At Sackett, Elk county, with Wm. R. Leake as postmaster."
- Sackett Hollow, McKean County, Pennsylvania
- Valley, 414120N, 0782313W, elevation 1,601 feet
- Sackett Building, State College, Centre County, Pennsylvania
- 404741N, 0775147W, elevation 1,152 feet
USA, RHODE ISLAND
- Sackett Street School, Providence, Rhode Island
- 414738N, 0712509W, elevation 46 feet
- Sackett Hollow, Iron, Utah
- Valley, 380520N, 1123344W, elevation 6,906 feet
- Sacketts Brook, Windham, Vermont
- Stream, 425750N, 0723051W, elevation 220 feet
- Stone Arch Bridge, 425831N, 0723119W, elevation 371 feet
- Sackett's Marsh, near Berlin, Wisconsin
- Mentioned in the newspaper Indiana Progress (Indiana, Pennsylvania), 1 May 1879:
"Items of Interest.
Sackett's marsh, near Berlin, Wis., covers 760 acres, and has been known to yield a crop of cranberries in one year of 35,000 bushels."
- Mentioned in the newspaper Indiana Progress (Indiana, Pennsylvania), 1 May 1879:
- Sackett Lake, Taylor, Wisconsin
- Lake, 451252N, 0902648W, elevation 1,470 feet
- Recreation Area, 451304N, 0902642W, elevation 1,483 feet
- Sackett Canyon, Johnson County, Wyoming
- Valley, 435104N, 1065216W, elevation 5,669 feet
- East Fork Sackett Creek, Sheridan County, Wyoming
- Stream, 443851N, 1065812W, elevation 4,409 feet
- Sackett Creek, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Stream, 444100N, 1065913W, elevation 4,042 feet
US Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) (http://geonames.usgs.gov) and other sources as stated. (Researched by Chris Sackett).