|Father||Elijah Sacket (1784-1851)|
|Mother||Cynthia Sacket (1784-1862)|
In 1870 Elijah was living in SpringfieldG and was recorded in the census as Elijah Sackett, landscape gardener, aged 45, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Olive, aged 40 and born in Massachusetts, and children, William, 19, Frank, 14, and Freddie, aged four. Also in the household was Charlie Smith, a teamster.6
Children of Elijah Sackett and Olive Antoinette Dunham
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1152. Elijah Sackett."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sackett, Elijah, Springfield, 1894, v445, p740, Death
"1894 May 12, Elijah Sackett, married, 69-3-13, hypertrophy of prostate, cystitis, at Springfield, contractor, b. W Springfield, s. Elijah & Cynthia (Sackett), both b. Westfield."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Elijah Jr., of West Springfield, m. Olive A. Dunham, of Springfield, Nov. 11, 1846, by Rev. A. C. Washburn. [?Town] Vital Records, NB1:403."
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sackett, Olive Antoinette (Dunham), Springfield, 1899, v493, p167, Death
"1899 Jan 31, Olive Antoinette (Dunham), widow of Elijah Sackett, 69-4-21, cancer of uterus, of Springfield, at Springfield, burial Springfield, occ. at home, b. Brimfield, d. Samuel & Olive Cadwell, parents' birthplaces unknown."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_618/222/446
Springfield Ward 4, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Elijah, 45, landscape gardener, $6,000, $2,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Olive A, 40, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, William H, 19, works landscape gardening, b. Mass
Sackett, Frank H, 14, at school, b. Illinois
Sackett, Freddie E, 4, at home, b. Mass
Smith, Charlie, 20, teamster, b. Mass.
|Last Edited||19 August 2010|