|Father||Elijah Sackett (1784-1851)|
|Mother||Cynthia Sackett (1784-1862)|
In 1870 Elijah was living in SpringfieldG and was recorded in the census as Elijah Sackett, landscape gardener, aged 45, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Olive, aged 40 and born in Massachusetts, and children, William, 19, Frank, 14, and Freddie, aged four. Also in the household was Charlie Smith, a teamster.9
In 1880 he was living in SpringfieldG and was recorded as Elijah Sackett, a contractor, head of household, aged 58. His wife Olive, 50, and their son Frederick, 14, were living with him. Also in the household were Elijah and Olive's son William, 29, with his wife Leonora, and their children, Clara Bell, 2, and George, aged one; and Elijah and Olive's son Frank, 24, with his wife Sarah.10
Children of Elijah Sackett and Olive Antoinette "Nett" Dunham
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1152. Elijah Sackett."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sackett, Elijah, Springfield, 1894, v445, p740, Death
"1894 May 12, Elijah Sackett, married, 69-3-13, hypertrophy of prostate, cystitis, at Springfield, contractor, b. W Springfield, s. Elijah & Cynthia (Sackett), both b. Westfield."
- Website Find a Grave.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Elijah Jr., of West Springfield, m. Olive A. Dunham, of Springfield, Nov. 11, 1846, by Rev. A. C. Washburn. [?Town] Vital Records, NB1:403."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, West Springfield marriages, "Sackett, Elijah Jr of W.S. and Olive A Dunham of Springfield, int. 7 Nov 1846."
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sackett, Olive Antoinette (Dunham), Springfield, 1899, v493, p167, Death
"1899 Jan 31, Olive Antoinette (Dunham), widow of Elijah Sackett, 69-4-21, cancer of uterus, of Springfield, at Springfield, burial Springfield, occ. at home, b. Brimfield, d. Samuel & Olive Cadwell, parents' birthplaces unknown."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_618/222/446
Springfield Ward 4, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Elijah, 45, landscape gardener, $6,000, $2,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Olive A, 40, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, William H, 19, works landscape gardening, b. Mass
Sackett, Frank H, 14, at school, b. Illinois
Sackett, Freddie E, 4, at home, b. Mass
Smith, Charlie, 20, teamster, b. Mass.
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
FHL 1254536, NA T9-0536/183B
Elijah Sackett, head, married, 58, b. MA, contractor, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Olive A. Sackett, wife, 50, b. MA, keeping house, father b. MA, mother b. MA
William H. Sackett, son, married, 29, b. MA, contractor, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Leonora I. Sackett, dau-in-law, married, 24, b. MA, at home, father b. ME, mother b. MA
Frank H. Sackett, son, married, 24, b. IL, contractor, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sarah J. Sackett, dau-in-law, married, 30, b. MA, at home, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Frederick Sackett, son, 14, b. MA, at school, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Clara Bell Sackett, gdau, 2, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
George I. Sackett, gson, 1, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1137|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||9 Jan 2022|