Captain John Sackett
|Father||William Sackett (1727-1802)|
|Mother||Anna Lawrence (1731-1798)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Newtown, Long IslandG, on 7 June 1798. He was left the farm in Newtown, Long Island.5
John Sackett was a soldier in the American Revolutionary War. He was later commissioned in the Militia, becoming Captain of the Queens County Regiment in 1793.6
Children of Captain John Sackett and Elizabeth Gibbs
- William Sackett+ b. 23 Feb 1784, d. 4 Feb 1849
- Lawrence Sackett b. 14 Sep 1786
- John Leverich Sackett b. 18 Aug 1788, d. 7 Nov 1790
- Anna Sackett b. 24 Feb 1791
- Mary Sackett+ b. 28 Apr 1793
- Patience Sackett b. 21 Jul 1795, d. 2 Jun 1828
- Elizabeth Gibbs Sackett b. 8 Nov 1797, d. 10 Sep 1799
- Elizabeth Gibbs Sackett b. 18 Dec 1799, d. 22 Dec 1830
- Amy Sackett b. 6 Jun 1804
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "388. John Sackett, b. July 27, 1755, d. May 12, 1819; m. Elizabeth Gibbs."
- Baptisms Register, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1755, Sept. 28. John, s. of William Sackett."
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- Baptisms Register, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1790, Dec. 15. Elizabeth, wife of John Sackett."
- "Abstracts of Wills, Administrations and Guardianships in NY State, 1787-1835", digital image, American Ancestors, Will of William Sackett of New Town, Queens County, NY, proved 13 May 1802.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, John
Service: New York
Birth: 1755, Newton, New York
Death: 1819, Newton-Prob, New York
Service Description: Col John Harper's Levies
Residence: Newton, Long Island, New York
Spouse: Elizabeth Gibbs."
|Last Edited||5 January 2020|