|Father||Captain John Sackett (1755-1819)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Gibbs (say 1760-)|
William was named as a beneficiary in his grandfather William Sackett's will made in Newtown, Long IslandG, on 7 June 1798.6
William Sackett was a member of a company of Queens County Militia.
Child of William Sackett and Gertrude Meserole
- Magdalena Sackett b. c Jan 1825, d. 14 Mar 1850
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "930. William Sackett, b. Feb. 23, 1784, d. Feb. 4, 1849; m. Gertrude Meserole."
- Baptisms Register, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1790, Dec. 15. William, son of John Sacket."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 2/6/1849. "Sun Feb 4, William Sackett of Newtown L I 65y."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), "1/29/1841. Newtown, L.I. Jan.29, Gertrude w. Wm Sackett in 52y."
- "Abstracts of Wills, Administrations and Guardianships in NY State, 1787-1835", digital image, American Ancestors, Will of William Sackett of New Town, Queens County, NY, proved 13 May 1802.
|Last Edited||4 January 2020|