|Father||Henry Sackett (1710/11-1790)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Clifford (c 1709-1786)|
Henry was a coachman and servant to a William Brett. In 1771, he went into business on his own account, acquiring horses and a carriage, and operated a daily service between Margate and Canterbury at a rate of four shillings per passenger for the round trip.7
Children of Henry Sackett and Mary Sandwell
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, All Saints, Birchington, Kent (Transcript), "12 February 1737/8 Henry s. Henry & Elizabeth Sackett."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "24 January 1818 Henery Sackett, St Peter's, 80."
- Thanet Obituary, monumental inscription, St Peter's Thanet, Kent, head & body stone, "John Sackett 11 Mar 1827 aged 83; Katherine ux. 9 Oct 1831 aged 78; (Hannah 13 Jul 1816 aged 55 [crossed out]); Henry Sackett 20 Jan 1818 aged 81." [John & Henry were brothers].
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "25 October 1767 Henry Sackett & Mary Sandwell. Wit: John Sandwell."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter's Church, Thanet, Kent, database, Ancestry.com, "9 Oct 1743, Mary Sandwell, dau. of Stephen & Sarah Sandwell."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "29 July 1818 Mary Sackett, St Peter's, 77."
- "Kentish Gazette, Kent", digital image, Findmypast, 21 May 1771.
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||20 Dec 2019|