|Father||Henry Sackett (1710/11-1790)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Clifford (c 1709-1786)|
Thomas Sackett, shipwright of Bermondsey, Surrey, son of Henry Sackett and Elizabeth Clifford, was baptized at St John in Thanet, KentG, on 28 July 1734.1 He died at the Bermondsey workhouse "of old age" (the burial record shows age 85 although he was probably 83) and was buried at St Mary Magdalen, BermondseyG, on 21 December 1817.2 He married at St Alfege, Greenwich, KentG, on 9 December 1760, Mary Wilkinson, daughter of Zebulon Wilkinson and Deborah ___.3 Mary was baptized at St Alfege, GreenwichG, on 25 March 1739.4 She died aged 77 at the Bermondsey workhouse and was buried at St Mary MagdalenG on 29 August 1816.5
Children of Thomas Sackett and Mary Wilkinson
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 4 Dec 1761, d. before 1767
- Mary Ann Sackett b. 1763
- Sophia Sackett b. 21 Jun 1765, d. Aug 1830
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 24 Sep 1767
- Henry Clifford Sackett b. 5 May 1769
- George Sackett+ b. 6 Mar 1772, d. 1842
- Ann Wilkinson Sackett b. 28 Sep 1774
- Thomas Sackett b. Sep 1777, d. Sep 1777
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "28 July 1734 Thomas s. Henry & Elisabeth Sackette."
- Burials Register, St Mary, Bermondsey, Surrey, "21 December 1817 Thomas Sackett, 85, old age, workhouse."
- Marriages Register, St Alfege, Greenwich, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "No 381. Thomas Sackett shipwright & Mary Wilkinson both of this parish were married under publication of Banns in this Church this 9th Day of December 1760 by me. Edw: Edwards, Curate. Both signed. Witnesses: Mary Clement, Mary Fletcher."
- Baptisms Register, St Alfege, Greenwich, Kent (Ancestry image), "25 Mar 1738/39, Mary, dau. of Zebulon & Deborah Wilkinson."
- Burials Register, St Mary, Bermondsey, Surrey, "29 August 1816 Mary Sackett, 76, old age, workhouse."
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Sackett shipwrights of London
|Last Edited||20 Dec 2019|