|Father||Paul Sackett (1692/93-1761)|
|Mother||Ann (___) Simmons (c 1698-1769)|
Paul's widow Alice made her will in Penton Place, Pentonville, MiddlesexG, on 1 December 1820, naming as sole beneficiary her late husband's granddaughter Sarah Eleanor Sackett, to whom she left everything.11
Paul, described as a boat-builder, was involved in the sale of imported timber at MargateG in 1770.12
Children of Paul Sackett and Margaret Wheatley
Children of Paul Sackett and Alice Reynolds
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "25 July 1736 Paul s. Paul & Ann Sackett."
- Thanet Obituary, monumental inscription, St John's Church, Margate, Kent, head & body stone, "Paul Sackett, 24 May 1781 aged 44; Margaret, ux., 20 Apr 1774 aged 36; two of their children, ob. infants; Ann, dau. of Paul & Alice, 14 Jun 1802 aged 25." [The two children would have been Thomas d. 1767 and Anne d. 1775].
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "30 March 1781 Paul Sacket, 44." [Assumed error for 30 May 1781; MI has date of death 24 May 1781].
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "25 December 1761 Paul Sackett & Margaret Wheatley (Lic)." [There is a discrepancy in the dates of the licence and the marriage record; the licence date has been used].
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "23 December 1762 Paul Sackett, St John in Thanet, bachelor & Margaret Wheatley, same parish, spinster. At St John in Thanet."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "27 April 1774 Margaret Sacket wife of Paul jnr., 36."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "28 July 1776 Paul Sackett, St John in Thanet, shipwright, widr. & Alice Reynolds of Ash, spinster. At Ash. Jas Walton of same, pilot, bondsman."
- Marriages Register, Ash next Sandwich, Kent (Bishops' Transcripts 1569-1813 & Parish Register 1813-1837), "1 August 1776 Paul Sackett widower, St Johns & Alice Reynolds spinster of this parish. Licence."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, Bunhill Fields, London City, Middlesex, "13 April 1826 Mrs Alice Sackett, 73 years, Winser Terr."
- Will of Alice Sackett of Penton Place, Pentonville, Middlesex, 1 December 1820, proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 19 August 1826 (National Archives, PRO PROB 11/1716/f458).
- "Kentish Gazette, Kent", digital image, Findmypast, 19 Jun 1770 & 23 Jun 1770, "Notice is hereby given, That there is just landed at Margate in the isle of Thanet, a large assortment of the Best Memel Timber, and Deals of all Sorts—Which will be sold at the Lowest Prices, by the Importer, Stephen Hooper. In his Absence, apply to Mr. Paul Sackett, Boat-builder; or Mr. William Stone, Ropemaker, in Margate aforesaid."
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||29 November 2014|