|Father||John Sacket (1660-1745)|
|Mother||Deborah Filley (1660/61-1701)|
Benjamin made his will on 27 August 1746 in Sheffield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG, naming as beneficiaries his wife Thankful; his sons Benjamin, King and Zebulon; and his daughter Deborah. Not mentioned by name was his daughter Abigail. He appointed his wife Thankful and his brother Daniel executors.10 The omission by name in Benjamin's will of his daughter Abigail may indicate that she was born after the date of the will. The will does, however, refer to daughters in the plural. It would appear from provisions in the will for an unborn child that Thankful was pregnant at the time. In the event, Benjamin survived a further seven years after making his will.
Children of Benjamin Sacket and Thankful King
37. Benjamin Sacket, 1698–1753, of Westfield and Sheffield in Mass., son of (8) John and Deborah Filley Sacket, was married, Dec. 4, 1729, to (62) Thankful King, daughter of David King and his wife (16) Abigail Sacket.
Item – I give to my well beloved oldest son Benjamin five pounds money, over and above what I give to his brethren.
Item - I give to my well beloved sons Benjamin Sacket, King Sacket, & Zebulon Sacket the whole of my estate real and personal to have possession each of their portion as they come of age except their mothers thirds, and all at her decease, they paying their sisters portion, and in case either of the sons should die before he is of age his portion shall return to his or their brother or brethren. And in case that I should have another son it is my will that he should be equal to his brethren.
Item – I give to my well beloved daughter Deborah twenty pounds money to be paid to her equally by my sons. And in case that I should have a daughter born after this time I giver her twenty pounds money to be paid out of my estate by my sons equally.
Likewise I constitute, make and ordain my trusty and well beloved brother Daniel Sacket of Westfield & my beloved wife Thankful executors of this my last Will and Testament.
175. King Sacket, m. (179) Lydia Sacket.
176. Zebulon Sacket.
177. Abigail Sacket.
178. Deborah Sacket.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 159|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Benjamin Sackett & Thankful King relationship chart
King Sacket & Lydia Sacket relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "37. Benjamin Sacket, b. Oct. 31, 1698, d. 1753; m. (62) Thankful King."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Benjamin, s. John, Jr. & Deborah, b. Oct. 31, 1698."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, "John Sackett, wife Deborah; chn. John, b. March 3, 1688; Abigail, b. Oct. 16, 1690; Daniel, b. Aug. 14, 1693; David, b. July 7, 1696; Benjamin, b. Oct. 30, 1698; Deborah, b. Nov. 16, 1701. Mrs. D. Sachett d. Nov. 20, 1701. Mr. S. m. again, had several children, d. Dec. 20, 1745."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1698 Sacket, Benjamin s. John & Deborah, 8 mo 30 d."
- Birth and baptism dates are inconsistent.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "62. Thankful King, b. in 1704, d. in year 17--; m. (37) Benjamin Sacket."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:193.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Benjamin Sacket of W. and Thankfull King of W; m. Dec. 4, 1729."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, Benjamin Sackett's will, 1746.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||20 June 2019|