|Father||John Sacket (1660-1745)|
|Mother||Deborah Filley (1660/61-1701)|
Benjamin made his will on 27 August 1746 in Sheffield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG, naming as beneficiaries his wife Thankful; his sons Benjamin, King and Zebulon; and his daughter Deborah. Benjamin made provision in his will for an unborn child. It is assumed that the child would have been Abigail, although her date of birth has not been ascertained. In the event, Benjamin lived a further seven years after making his will.
Date: 7 Aug 1746.
Source: Weygant, The Sacketts of America
Wife Thankful, real and personal estate until children of age, sons 21 and daughters 18, then one-third of estate as law provides.
Son Benjamin, £5.
Sons Benjamin, King, and Zebulon, whole of real and personal estate except their mother's third.
Daughter Deborah, £20, to be paid by sons.
Will provides for unborn child, if a son to be equally with brothers, and if a daughter to be treated equally with Deborah.
Executors: Brother Daniel and wife Thankful.
Children of Benjamin Sacket and Thankful King
37. Benjamin Sacket, 1698–1753, of Westfield and Sheffield in Mass., son of (8) John and Deborah Filley Sacket, was married, Dec. 4, 1729, to (62) Thankful King, daughter of David King and his wife (16) Abigail Sacket.
Item – I give to my well beloved oldest son Benjamin five pounds money, over and above what I give to his brethren.
Item - I give to my well beloved sons Benjamin Sacket, King Sacket, & Zebulon Sacket the whole of my estate real and personal to have possession each of their portion as they come of age except their mothers thirds, and all at her decease, they paying their sisters portion, and in case either of the sons should die before he is of age his portion shall return to his or their brother or brethren. And in case that I should have another son it is my will that he should be equal to his brethren.
Item – I give to my well beloved daughter Deborah twenty pounds money to be paid to her equally by my sons. And in case that I should have a daughter born after this time I give her twenty pounds money to be paid out of my estate by my sons equally.
Likewise I constitute, make and ordain my trusty and well beloved brother Daniel Sacket of Westfield & my beloved wife Thankful executors of this my last Will and Testament.
175. King Sacket, m. (179) Lydia Sacket.
176. Zebulon Sacket.
177. Abigail Sacket.
178. Deborah Sacket.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 159|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Benjamin Sackett & Thankful King relationship chart
King Sacket & Lydia Sacket relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "37. Benjamin Sacket, b. Oct. 31, 1698, d. 1753; m. (62) Thankful King."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Benjamin, s. John, Jr. & Deborah, b. Oct. 31, 1698."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, "John Sackett, wife Deborah; chn. John, b. March 3, 1688; Abigail, b. Oct. 16, 1690; Daniel, b. Aug. 14, 1693; David, b. July 7, 1696; Benjamin, b. Oct. 30, 1698; Deborah, b. Nov. 16, 1701. Mrs. D. Sachett d. Nov. 20, 1701. Mr. S. m. again, had several children, d. Dec. 20, 1745."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1698 Sacket, Benjamin s. John & Deborah, 8 mo 30 d."
- Birth and baptism dates are inconsistent.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "62. Thankful King, b. in 1704, d. in year 17--; m. (37) Benjamin Sacket."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:193.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Benjamin Sacket of W. and Thankfull King of W; m. Dec. 4, 1729."
|Last Edited||24 April 2020|