|Father||Benjamin Sacket (1698-1753)|
|Mother||Thankful King (1704-1785)|
King was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Sheffield, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG, on 27 August 1746.
In 1790 King was living in Egremont, Berkshire County, MassachusettsG. In his household were 2 men, 1 boy, and 2 females.7
King and Lydia were admitted members of the Presbyterian Church, Gilbertsvillle, Otsego County, New York StateG, sometime between 1797 and 1801.8
King was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in Butternuts, Otsego CountyG.9
175. King Sacket, of Westfield, Mass., son of (37) Benjamin and Thankful King Sacket, was married to his cousin, (179) Lydia Sacket, 1736–___?, daughter of (39) Isaac Sacket and his wife Elisabeth Shepard. The following is his official record as soldier of the Revolution:
Children of King Sacket and Lydia Sacket
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "175. King Sacket, m. (179) Lydia Sacket."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Sheffield, "Sacket, King, son of Benjamin & wife Thankfull, born 2 Feb 17_." [Assume 1734 as bp. in Jul 1734.]
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1734 Sacket, King s. Benjamin & Thankfull, July 14."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "179. Lydia Sacket, b. Dec. 18, 1736; m. (175) King Sacket."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:80.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "King Sacket of Sheffield and Lydia Sacket of W; m. [date blank]."
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, King Sacket. Egremont, Berkshire, MA. 2 white males (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 2 white females.
- Gilbertsville Presbyterian Church minutes, 3 Sep 1797–12 Jun 1801. A 1971 transcription states that records were not found for this period but that "King Sacket and Lydia, his wife, were admitted members."
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "King Sacket, Butternuts, Otsego County, New York State."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1523|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
King Sacket & Lydia Sacket relationship chart
|Last Edited||21 Aug 2021|