|Father||Thomas Wood (c 1710-)|
|Mother||Hannah Sackett (1709/10-1799)|
Sackett was named as a beneficiary in his uncle John Sackett's will made in St John in ThanetG on 10 February 1764.5
Sackett Wood was appointed a trustee, with John Abbott, of the will of his cousin Richard Sackett made on 4 August 1789. The trustees were charged with the management of all Richard's substantial estates until Sarah, Richard's granddaughter, who was the main beneficiary, had reached 21 years of age.1
Sackett Wood supervised the winding up of his brother John Wood's financial affairs following John's death in 1811, also arranging the sale of John's house and furniture.6
Sackett Wood left a will of which his wife Frances was the executrix.7
Notes & Citations
- Will of Richard Sackett of East Northdown, St John in Thanet, Kent, 4 August 1789, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 5 September 1789 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-101-420).
- Baptisms Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "30 Jan 1751, Sackett Wood, s. Thos Wood & Ann."
- Burials Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "4 May 1818 Sackett Wood, of St John's in Margate, 66 years."
- Marriages Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "1 December 1783 Sackett Wood, of this parish, batchelor, & Frances Baker, of St Peter in Sandwich, by licence, by Geo Gibbs, Minister. Witnesses: Hen: Minter, Sarah Wood."
- Will of John Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 10 February 1764, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 4 October 1766 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-97-370).
- "Kentish Gazette, Kent", digital image, Findmypast, 19 Feb 1811.
- "Index to Death Duty Registers", digital image, Findmypast, Testator Sackett Wood; Executor Frances Wood, Margate, Kent; Court PC; Register 4, Folio 764.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||7 Nov 2014|