|Father||John Sackett (1594-after 1642)|
|Mother||Mary ___ (c 1600-)|
John made his will in St Lawrence in ThanetG on 1 April 1678, naming as beneficiaries his wife Judith, his brothers Thomas, his sisters Anne, Martha, Katherine and Joane.5 He left each of his sisters and brother the small sum of one shilling, with the residue of his goods and chattels going to his wife. There is no mention of a tenement or lands and it would appear that John was not a man of any significant wealth.
John's will links as siblings six of the eight children baptized at St Peter's between November 1622 and June 1642 attributed to parents John Sackett of Buddles and Mary/Margary. The two missing from the list in the will are Sarah and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is known to have died in childhood and it may be assumed that Sarah had also died before 1678. The match between the will and the baptisms is strong evidence that the John Sackett of the will was the same man as the John Sackett baptized in March 1627/28. The will was proved on 3 August 1678.5
Date: 1 April 1678.
Proved: (Court not known), 3 August 1678.
Source: Kent Archives Office.
Testator: John Sackett of St Lawrence, Thanet, Kent.
Brother Thomas Sackett, 1/-.
Sister Anne Mocket, widow of St Peter's, 1/-.
Sister Martha Rickards, wife of Thomas, of St Peter's, 1/-.
Sister Katherine Mumery, wife of Stephen, of St John's, 1/-.
Sister Joane Overy, wife of Richard, of St John's, 1/-.
Wife Judith, residue of goods & chattels.
Executrix: wife Judith.
Witnesses: Alls Tickner; Jo. Young.
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "16 March 1627/28 John s. John Sackett."
- Burials Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "28 July 1678 John Sackett."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Ramsgate, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "5 December 1664 John Sackett & Juda Aeirs."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "17 July 1679 Jo Maxted & Judeth Sackett."
- Will of John Sackett of St Lawrence, Thanet, Kent, 1 April 1678, proved at (Court not known), 3 August 1678 (Kent Archives Office).
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||2 Oct 2019|