|Father||Thomas Francis Sackett (1819-)|
|Mother||Charlotte Pritchard (c 1824-1862)|
In 1861 Henry was living at 15 Pleasant Row, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Thomas and Charlotte, and was recorded in the census as Henry Sackett, a scholar, aged four and born in Bermondsey.5
In 1881 he was living at 47 Benledi Street, London, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a labourer in a chemical works, aged 24 and born in Bermondsey, unmarried son of Thomas Sackett.6
In 1891 he was living at 47 Aberfeedy Street, St Leonards, Bromley, LondonG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a general labourer, head of household, married, aged 31 and born in London. Living with him were his wife Jane, 24, and children, Mary Ann, 6, Alice Jane, 3, and Edith, aged one.7
In 1901 he was living at 12 Philip Street, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a general labourer, head of household, married, aged 40 and born in Rotherhithe. Living with him were his wife Jenny, 34, and their children, Mary, 16, Alice, 13, Edith, 11, and Edna, aged eight months. Claude Perry, aged three, was a visitor to the household.8
In 1911 Henry's wife Jane/Jenny was a visitor at 106 Lower Road, Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, LondonG, in the household of Thomas Walker, 49, a master stevedore. Her children, Edna May, 10, and Claud, aged eight, were with her.9
Children of Henry Sackett and Jane Tansley
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1856. Sackett, Henry. Mother: Pritchard. Bermondsey. 1d:58."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1923. Sackett, Henry, 66. W Ham."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1884. Sackett, Henry. St Olave. 1d:457."
"Jun qtr 1884. Tansley, Jane. St Olave. 1d:457."
- Marriages Register, St Barnabus, Rotherhithe, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "April 6th 1884, Henry Sackett, 24, bachelor, labourer, of Rotherhithe, father: Thomas Sackett, shipwright; and Jane Tansley, 19, spinster, of Rotherhithe, father: John Tansley, labourer. Henry made mark; Jane signed. Witnesses: John Tansley (signed), Sarah Wootton (made mark)."
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/319/f3
15 Pleasant Row, Bermondsey, Surrey
Thomas F Sackett, head, married, 41, shipwright, b. Bermondsey, Surrey
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 31, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey
Sarah Sackett, dau, 14, b. Bermondsey
Francis Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Rotherhithe
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 8, scholar, b. Bermondsey
Mary A Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Rotherhithe
Henry Sackett, son, 4, scholar, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341112, PRO RG11/0503/127/40
47 Benledi St
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 56, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, shipwright
Phillis SACKETT, wife, 45, b. London, At Sea [Birthplace: London, At Sea]
Henry SACKETT, son, unmarried, 24, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, chemical works labourer(manuf chem)
Thomas SACKETT, son, unmarried, 17, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, general labr
Phillis SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Poplar, Middlesex
Joseph MOORE, stepson, widower, 26, b. Finsbury, Middlesex, shipwright
Henry MOORE, stepson, unmarried, 19, b. Walworth, Surrey, painters labourer
Ann MOORE, gdau, 2, b. Poplar
Mary A. HAMBROCK, boarder, unmarried, 17, b. Poplar, shell worker (...).
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 327, folio 86, p. 6, GSU roll 6095437
47 Aberfeedy St, St Leonards, Bromley, London
Henry Sackett, head, married, 31, general labourer, b. London
Jane Sackett, wife, 24, b. Hackney
Mary Ann Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Rotherhithe
Alice Jane Sackett, dau, 3, scholar, b. Poplar
Edith Sackett, dau, 1, b. Plaistow, Essex.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 1575, folio 92, p. 15
12 Philip St, West Ham, Essex
Henry Sackett, head, married, 40, general labourer, worker, b. Rotherhithe
Jenny Sackett, wife, 34, b. Hackney, London
Mary Sackett, dau, 16, dress maker, own account, b. Rotherhithe
Alice Sackett, dau, 13, nurse maid, worker, b. Poplar, London
Edith Sackett, dau, 11, b. Plaistow, Essex
Edna M Sackett, dau, 8 mo, b. Plaistow, Essex
Claude Perry, visitor, 3, b. Islington, London.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 1926
106 Lower Road, Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, London
Thomas Henry Walker, head, 49, married 17 y, master stevedor, employer, b. London, Bow
Mrs J Sackett, visitor, 45, m. 28 y, 5 ch, all living, b. London, Hackney
Edna May Sackett, visitor, 10, school, b. Canning Town
Claud Sackett, visitor, 8, school, b. Canning Town.
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2016|