James Sackett was born in New York StateG in 1804.1 His parents have not been identified. He died aged 89 in Lorain County, OhioG, on 26 October 18932 and was buried there on 29 October 1893.1 He married in about 1827, Charlotte Pier.3
Children of James Sackett and Charlotte Pier
- Mary E. Sackett b. c 1828, d. 15 Dec 1852
- James Collins Sackett b. 1829, d. 1909
- William K Sackett+ b. c 1837
- Charlotte L. Sackett b. 1837, d. 9 May 1852
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 28492|
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database, Ohio, Elyria, Lorain County Reporter, 11 November 1893, "One week ago last Sunday, friends and neighbors followed to its last resting place the remains of James Sackett, the father of William and Collins Sackett, of this place. He died at the infirmary the afternoon of Thursday, Oct. 26th of old age. He was 89 years old. The funeral services was held at the home of his son, Wm. Sackett, on the 29th. Those who remember Mr. Sackett years ago, before the accident that left his mind a blank, and from which he never recovered, speak of him as a true honest man, a man of deep Christian principles, and as he lay in that last deep sleep that knows no awakening he was the picture of a noble old man."
- Thurmon King's database.
|Last Edited||27 June 2018|