Ray E Sackett1
|Father||John Allen Sackett2 (1864-1937)|
|Mother||Effie Janet Key (1869-1898)|
In 1900 Ray was living in Valley Township, Guthrie County, IowaG, in the household of his father John and stepmother Marguerite, and was recorded in the census as Ray L Sackett, aged eight and born in Iowa.8
Ray completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was aged 25, single, a sheep herder at Kinsey, Custer County, MontanaG.9
Ray served as a Private in the US Army during the First World War. He sailed from New York to France in August 1918 with Company D, 338th Machine Gun Battalion, 88th Division, and returned from St Nazaire, France, in May 1919.10
In 1920 he was living in Van Meter, Dallas County, IowaG, and was recorded as Ray Sackett, a farm laborer, aged 27, single.11
In 1930 he was living in Springfield, Sarpy County, NebraskaG, and was recorded as Ray E Sackett, a driller at a cement plant, head of household, aged 38. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Eleanor, 26, and their children, Irene, 7, Josephine, 4, Leland, 2, and LaVerne, aged eleven months.12
Ray completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was aged 50 and was employed at the Nebraska Ord Plant. He was living at 2047 Boyd, Ashland, Saunders County, NebraskaG, with his wife Eleanor.13
Children of Ray E Sackett and Eleanor V Koziol
- Irene Eleanor Sackett b. 19 Dec 1922, d. 4 Nov 1977
- Josephine Effie Sackett b. 24 Apr 1925, d. 25 Feb 2002
- Leland S "Bud" Sackett b. 1927
- LaVerne Andrew Sackett+2 b. 28 Apr 1929, d. 16 Aug 1998
- Marvin Matthew Sackett b. 16 Nov 1933, d. 20 Jan 2018
- Richard Frank Sackett b. 14 Mar 1936, d. 31 Dec 2000
- Ronald Walter Sackett b. 25 Jul 1938, d. 23 Nov 2004
- Clarence Arthur Sackett b. 1 Apr 1941, d. 4 Jun 2019
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 27327|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 6
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Email from Bruce Sackett to Sackett Discussion List, 18 January 2006.
- Death record.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Ray E, b. Burwell, Nebraska, 7 Mar 1892, d. 31 Dec 1943, claim date 17 Jan 1944. Listed 30 Jun 1978 as Ray E Sackett."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 434, p. 17A, Enumeration District 0066, FHL microfilm 1240434
Valley Township, Guthrie County, Iowa, 26 Jun 1900
Sackett, John A, head, b. Apr 1864, 36, m. 0y, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. OH, farmer, home (farm) rented
Sackett, Margueritt M, wife, b. Oct 1868, 31, m. 0y, b. OH, father b. Germany, mother b. MA
Sackett, Frank E, son, b. Sep 1888, 11, b. IA, father b. IL, mother b. IA
Sackett, Pearl F, dau, b. Mar 1890, 10, b. IA, father b. IL, mother b. IA
Sackett, Ray L, son, b. Mar 1892, 8, b. IA, father b. IL, mother b. IA
Sackett, Casper V, son, b. May 1897, 3, b. IA, father b. IL, mother b. IA.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, "Serial#1005 Order#27, Ray E Sackett, Kingsley, Montana, age 25, b. 7 Mar 1892 at Berwell Nebraska, single, white, native born, sheep herder at Miles Brown, no dependents, no prior military experience, no exemptions, Registrant: Med Ht, Med Build, eyes dark blue, hair light brown, not bald, no disabilities, Reg: 5 Jun 1917 at Custer, Montana."
- "U.S. Army Transport Service, Passenger Lists, 1910–1939", digital image, Ancestry.com, Embarkation, Hoboken, NJ, ship Kashmir, sailing New York, NY, 15 Aug 1918, Company "D" 338 Machine Gun Battalion, 88 Division, "Sackett, Ray E, 2703188, Pvt, 338 MGBN, contact John A Sackett, father, Van Meter, Iowa."
Return, ship USS Koningin Der Nederlanden, sailing St Nazaire, France, 22 May 1919, Company "D" 338th Machine Gun Battalion, "Sackett, Ray E, 2703188, Pvt Inf, Co D 338 MGBN, contact John A Sackett, father, Van Meter, Iowa."
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_486; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 20
Van Meter, Dallas County, Iowa, 23 Jan 1920
Sackett, Ray, head, 27, single, b. IA, father b. IA, mother b. IA, farmer, laborer.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 0015; FHL microfilm: 2341027
Springfield, Sarpy County, Nebraska, 15 Apr 1930
Sackett, Ray E, head, home rented $12 pm, 38, m. at 29, b. NE, father b. IA, mother b. IA, driller, cement plant
Sackett, Eleanor V, wife, 26, m. at 18, b. NE, father b. NE, mother b. NE
Sackett, Irene E, dau, 7, b. NE, father b. NE, mother b. NE
Sackett, Josephine E, dau, 4 11/12, b. NE, father b. NE, mother b. NE
Sackett, Leland S, son, 2 8/12, b. NE, father b. NE, mother b. NE
Sackett, LaVerne A, son, 11/12, b. NE, father b. NE, mother b. NE.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Serial no. 517, Ray E Sackett, 2047 Boyd, Ashland, Saunders, Nebraska, age 50, b. Burwell, NE, 7 Mar 1892, contact Eleanor Sackett, Ashland, NE, emp. Nebraska Ord Plant, Mead, Saunders, NE, race white, ht 5' 7", wt 133, eyes blue, hair brown, complexion light, no marks. Reg. 27 Apr 1942, Saunders County, NE."
|Last Edited||2 August 2019|