George Edward Sackett
|Father||William Sackett (c 1840-1886)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Greenwood (c 1839-1933)|
In 1881 George was living at 7 Kramer Mews, London, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents William and Mary, and was recorded in the census as George Edward Sackett, aged six and born in West Brompton.8
In 1891 he was living at 12 Conway Place, Hove, SussexG, in the household of Edmund Niles, a fishmonger, and family, and was recorded as George Edward Sackett, fishmonger's assistant, a boarder, aged 15 and born in Fulham.9
In 1901 he was living at 39 Hannell Road, St Peter's, Fulham, LondonG, and was recorded as George Sackett, a horse keeper (groom), head of household, married, aged 26, and born in West Brompton, London. Living with him were his wife Kate, aged 25, and born in Chelsea, London, and their children, Kate, 5, and Alfred, aged one. Also in the household was Flory Cook, 12, described as "sister" (presumably of George's wife Kate).10
In 1911 he was living at 39 Delaford Street, FulhamG, and was recorded as George Sackett, an omnibus horsekeeper, head of household, aged 35 and born in Fulham. Living with him were his wife Kate, 34, and their children, Kate, 15, Alfred, 10, Mary, 8, William, 5, and John, aged one.11
In 1921 he was living at 26 Laundry Road, FulhamG, and was recorded as George Edward Sackett, a taxi washer, aged 45. Living with him were his wife Kate, 45, and their children, Mary, 18, William, 16, John, 11, Rose, 9, and Edward, aged four.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, George was a taxi washer, living at 26 Laundry Road, Fulham, LondonG.13
Children of George Edward Sackett and Katherine Annie "Kate" Cook
- Kate Annie Sackett+ b. 1896
- George William Sackett b. 1899, d. 1899
- Alfred Sackett+ b. 5 Jun 1900, d. 1966
- Mary Amelia Sackett+ b. 1902
- William Henry Sackett b. 14 Jun 1905
- Elizabeth Florence Sackett b. 1908, d. 1908
- John Richard Sackett b. 7 Dec 1909, d. 1983
- Rose Sackett b. 1912
- Margaret M Sackett b. 1915, d. 1915
- Edward George Sackett+ b. 2 Apr 1917, d. Jan 1995
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1875. Sackett, George Edward. Mother: Greenwood. Kensington. 1a:169."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1949. Sackett, George E, 73. Fulham."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1895. Sackett, George Edward. Fulham. 1a:424."
- Marriages Register, St Andrew, Fulham, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "25 December 1895, George Edward Sackett, 21, bachelor, horse keeper, of 27 Chelmsford St, father: William Sackett, dead, poulterer; and Katherine Cook, 20, spinster, of 23 Chelmsford St, father: William Henry Cook, mason. Banns. He signed. She made mark. Witnesses: William Henry Cook, Amelia Cook."
- 1901 England census.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1925. Sackett, Kate A, 48. Fulham."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341011, PRO RG11/0049/108/11
7 Kramer Mews
William Sackett, head, married, 41, b. Ramsgate, Kent, provision dealer
Mary Sackett, wife, 43, b. Brighton, Sussex
John Sackett, son, 16, b. Ramsgate
Harry Sackett, son, 10, b. London, Middlesex
Lizzie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kensington, Middlesex
George Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. W Brompton, Middlesex
George Barber, other, 21, b. Brighton, Sussex, ostler 8.1[?].
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 819, folio 121, p. 24, GSU roll 6095929
12 Conway Place, Hove, Sussex
Edmund M Niles, head, married, 26, fishmonger & poulterer, b. Leamington, Warwick
Sarah Niles, wife, 28, b. Buckhurst Hill, Essex
Edmund Jas Niles, son, 1? mos, b. Hove, Sussex
Jessie Jas Hollingdale, boarder, single, 21, [?]s labourer, b. Poynings, Sussex
George Edw Sackett, boarder, 15, fishmonger's assistant, b. Fulham, London.
- 1901 England census
39 Hannell Road (St Peter's) (3 rooms)
George Sackett, head, married, 26, horse keeper (groom), worker, b. West Brompton, London
Kate Sackett, wife, 25, b. Chelsea, London
Kate Sackett, dau, 5, b. Fulham
Alfred Sackett, son, 1, b. Fulham
Flory Cook, sister, 12, b. Fulham.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 288
39 Delaford Street, Fulham, London SW
George Sackett, head, 35, m. 15y, 7 ch, 5 living, horsekeeper, omnibus, worker, b. Fulham
Kate Sackett, wife, 34, m. 15y, 7 ch, 5 living, b. Chelsea
Kate Sackett, dau, 15, b. Fulham
Alfred Sackett, son, 10, school, b. Fulham
Mary Sackett, dau, 8, school, b. Fulham
William Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Putney
John Sackett, son, 1, b. Fulham.
- 1921 England census
26 Laundry Road, Fulham, London
George Edward Sackett, husband, 45y 9m, married, b. Fulham, taxi washer, Mr Stone, Taxi Garage
Kate Annie Sackett, wife, 45y 1m, married, b. Chelsea, London, at home
Mary Amelia Sackett, daughter, 18y 10m, single, b. Fulham, Middlesex, factory hand, biscuit packer, Macfarlanes, Stevendale Road
William Henry Sackett, son, 16y, single, b. Putney, London, van boy, Royal Fulham Laundry, Lettice St
John Richard Sackett, son, 11y 6m, b. Fulham
Rose Sackett, daughter, 9y 4m, b. Fulham
Edward George Sackett, son, 4y 2m, b. Fulham.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 26 Laundry Road, Fulham, London: George E Sackett, b. 27 Sep 1875, widowed, taxi washer.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2022|