Walter John Sackett
|Father||Walter John Samuel Sackett (1849-1924)|
|Mother||Rebecca Janet Hawkins (c 1850-1936)|
In 1891 Walter was living at 6 Montague Road, Hackney, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents Walter and Rebecca, and was recorded in the census as Walter Sackett, aged six and born in Hackney.8
In 1901 he was living at 6 Montague Road, Dalston, Hackney, LondonG, in the household of his parents Walter and Rebecca, and was recorded as Walter J Sackett, an office boy, aged 16 and born in Hackney.9
Walter was employed as a clerk in the Labour Exchanges and Unemployment Insurance Branch of the Board of Trade in 1914.10
Walter left a will which was proved on 24 July 1957 by his son Eric. His estate was valued at £6,376.11
Walter's widow Charlotte left a will which was proved on 11 July 1958 by their son Eric. Her estate was valued at £8,007.12
Child of Walter John Sackett and Charlotte Victoria Stewardson
- Eric Walter Sackett+ b. 25 Dec 1912, d. Mar 2001
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1884. Sackett, Walter John. Mother: Hawkins. Hackney. 1b:518."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1957. Sackett, Walter J, 73. Chichester."
- Probate record.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1909. Sackett, Walter John. Hackney. 1b:760."
- Marriages Register, St Philip, Dalston, Hackney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "28 November 1909, Walter John Sackett, 25, bachelor, cabinet maker, of 58 London Road, Clapton, father: Walter John Samuel Sackett, grocer; and Charlotte Victoria Stewardson, 23, spinster, book folder, of 224 Queens Road, father: George William Stewardson, printer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George William Nathaniel Stewardson, Walter John Samuel Sackett."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1958. Sackett, Charlotte V, 71. Chichester."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/192/95v
6 Montague Rd, Hackney, Middlesex
Walter Sackett, head, married, 40, boot & shoe mfr (empd), b. Shoreditch
Rebecca Sackett, wife, 39, b. Shoreditch
Horace Sackett, son, unm, 19, clerk (empd), b. Hackney
Emily Sackett, dau, unm, 18, b. Hackney
Florence Sackett, dau, unm, 16, b. Hackney
Walter Sackett, son, 6, b. Hackney.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 216/75
6 Montague Road, Dalston
Walter John S Sackett, head, married, 51, traveller boot & shoe trade, worker, b. Shoreditch, London
Rebecca J Sackett, wife, 51, b. Bethnal Green, London
Emily G Sackett, dau, 27, b. Shoreditch
Florence A Sackett, dau, single, 26, b. Shoreditch
Walter J Sackett, son, 16, office boy, b. Hackney.
- "The London Gazette", digital image, Findmypast, 6 Apr 1915, p 3349, "Civil Service Commission, Certificates Issued, November 10, 1914. Board of Trade: Male Clerks in the Labour Exchanges and Unemployment Insurance Branch, Walter John Sackett."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Walter John of Kirkstall Roundle-avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex died 15 June 1957 at St Richards Hospital Chichester Probate London 24 July to Eric Walter Sackett bank official. Effects £6376 11s. 10d."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charlotte Victoria of Kirkstall Roundle Avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex widow died 22 March 1958 at St Helens Stocker Road Bognor Regis Administration (with Will) (limited) London 11 July to Reginald Arnold Morris insurance broker attorney of Eric Walter Sackett. Effects £8007 14s. 4d."
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||28 Jun 2020|