Walter John Sackett
|Father||Walter John Samuel Sackett (1849-1924)|
|Mother||Rebecca Janet Hawkins (c 1850-1936)|
In 1891 Walter was living at 6 Montague Road, Hackney, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents Walter and Rebecca, and was recorded in the census as Walter Sackett, aged six and born in Hackney.8
In 1901 he was living at 6 Montague Road, Dalston, Hackney, LondonG, in the household of his parents Walter and Rebecca, and was recorded as Walter J Sackett, an office boy, aged 16 and born in Hackney.9
Walter left a will which was proved on 24 July 1957 by his son Eric. His estate was valued at £6,376.10
Walter's widow Charlotte left a will which was proved on 11 July 1958 by their son Eric. Her estate was valued at £8,007.11
Child of Walter John Sackett and Charlotte Victoria Stewardson
- Eric Walter Sackett+ b. 25 Dec 1912, d. Mar 2001
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1884. Sackett, Walter John. Mother: Hawkins. Hackney. 1b:518."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1957. Sackett, Walter J, 73. Chichester."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1909. Sackett, Walter John. Hackney. 1b:760."
- Marriages Register, St Philip, Dalston, Hackney, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "28 November 1909, Walter John Sackett, 25, bachelor, cabinet maker, of 58 London Road, Clapton, father: Walter John Samuel Sackett, grocer; and Charlotte Victoria Stewardson, 23, spinster, book folder, of 224 Queens Road, father: George William Stewardson, printer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George William Nathaniel Stewardson, Walter John Samuel Sackett."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1958. Sackett, Charlotte V, 71. Chichester."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/192/95v
6 Montague Rd, Hackney, Middlesex
Walter Sackett, head, married, 40, boot & shoe mfr (empd), b. Shoreditch
Rebecca Sackett, wife, 39, b. Shoreditch
Horace Sackett, son, unm, 19, clerk (empd), b. Hackney
Emily Sackett, dau, unm, 18, b. Hackney
Florence Sackett, dau, unm, 16, b. Hackney
Walter Sackett, son, 6, b. Hackney.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 216/75
6 Montague Road, Dalston
Walter John S Sackett, head, married, 51, traveller boot & shoe trade, worker, b. Shoreditch, London
Rebecca J Sackett, wife, 51, b. Bethnal Green, London
Emily G Sackett, dau, 27, b. Shoreditch
Florence A Sackett, dau, single, 26, b. Shoreditch
Walter J Sackett, son, 16, office boy, b. Hackney.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Walter John of Kirkstall Roundle-avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex died 15 June 1957 at St Richards Hospital Chichester Probate London 24 July to Eric Walter Sackett bank official. Effects £6376 11s. 10d."
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charlotte Victoria of Kirkstall Roundle Avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex widow died 22 March 1958 at St Helens Stocker Road Bognor Regis Administration (with Will) (limited) London 11 July to Reginald Arnold Morris insurance broker attorney of Eric Walter Sackett. Effects £8007 14s. 4d."
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|