Eric Walter Sackett
|Father||Walter John Sackett (1884-1957)|
|Mother||Charlotte Victoria Stewardson (c 1886-1958)|
Eric proved his father Walter's will on 24 July 1957. His estate was valued at £6,376.7
Eric and Joyce, with their two children, travelled to Pakistan, leaving Liverpool for Karachi on 25 January 1958 on the Circassia.8
Eric was granted administration on 11 July 1958 of his mother Charlotte's estate, valued at £8,007.9
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1913. Sackett, Eric W (mother's maiden name: Stewardson). Hackney."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar 2001. Sackett, Eric Walter, b. 25 Dec 1912. East Dorset. 4261B:B10:012:301."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1942. Sackett, Eric W. Spouse: Wilson. Nthmbld S. 10b:505."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1942. Wilson, Joyce M. Spouse: Sackett. Nthmbld S. 10b:505."
- Passenger list.
- West Sussex County Times, digital image, iannounce (http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/), 21 February 2013, "Obituary. SACKETT Joyce Mary peacefully on 9th February 2013 aged 91 years. Loving mother to Judith and Peter, sadly missed by all family and friends. The funeral takes place at The Surrey & Sussex Crematorium, Crawley on Friday, 1st March at 1.30pm. Family flowers only but donations, if desired to the Alzheimer’s Society and/or Sussex Air Ambulance c/o Freeman Brothers, Horsham."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Walter John of Kirkstall Roundle-avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex died 15 June 1957 at St Richards Hospital Chichester Probate London 24 July to Eric Walter Sackett bank official. Effects £6376 11s. 10d."
- "UK Outward Passenger Lists 1890–1960", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Eric W Sackett, b. 25 Dec 1912, married, bank official; Joyce M Sackett, b. 21 Mar 1921, married, housewife; Judith A Sackett, b. 30 Apr 1944; Peter J Sackett, b. 23 Nov 1947; of 117 Fordwich Rise, Hertford, English citizens, dep. Liverpool, 25 Jan 1958, to Karachi, Pakistan, 1st class, ship Circassia, Anchor Line."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charlotte Victoria of Kirkstall Roundle Avenue Felpham Bognor Regis Sussex widow died 22 March 1958 at St Helens Stocker Road Bognor Regis Administration (with Will) (limited) London 11 July to Reginald Arnold Morris insurance broker attorney of Eric Walter Sackett. Effects £8007 14s. 4d."
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Last Edited||22 May 2016|