|Father||William Sackett (1847-1918)|
|Mother||Rachel Link (c 1843-1924)|
In 1881 Herbert was living at 8 Artillery Street, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of his parents William and Rachel, and was recorded in the census as Bertie Sackett, aged one month and born in Canterbury.8
In 1891 Herbert was living at 8 Artillery Street, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of his parents William and Rachel, and was recorded in the census as Bertie Sackett, a scholar, aged ten and born in Canterbury.9
In 1901 he was living at 3 Ivy Place, CanterburyG, in the household of his parents William and Rachel, and was recorded as Herbert Sackett, an attendant in an asylum, single, aged 20.10
Herbert served for twelve years as a private in the British Army in the 9th Lancers, enlisting at CanterburyG on 5 July 1901.11
Children of Herbert Sackett and Mary Jane Ashby
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1881. Sackett, Bertie. Mother: Link. Blean."
- Baptisms Register, St Gregory, Canterbury, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "1 May 1881 Herbert Sackett s. William & Rachel Sackett, of 8 Artillery St, St Gregory's, stoker, by William Brandreth, Vicar."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1963. Sackett, Herbert, 82. Canterbury. 5b:223."
- Marriages Register, Thanington, Kent, "29 November 1909 Herbert Sackett, 29, bachelor, labourer, of Wincheap Grove, & Mary Jane Ashby, 30, spinster, of Thanington. Both signed. Fathers: William Sackett, labourer; James Thomas Ashby, painter. Witnesses: John Henry Ashby, Alice Maud Ashby."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1909. Sackett, Herbert. Bridge. 2a:1808."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1953. Sackett, Mary J, 73. Canterbury."
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1341229, PRO RG11/0962/14/21
8 Artillary St, Canterbury St Gregory, Kent
William SACKETT, head, married, 40, b. Deal, Kent, labr at gas works
Rachel SACKETT, wife, 40, b. Chartham, Kent
William E. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 18, b. Canterbury, Kent, grocers porter
Mary A. SACKETT, dau, 13, b. Canterbury
Louisa SACKETT, dau, 11, b. Canterbury, scholar
Olive SACKETT, dau, 9, b. Canterbury, scholar
Ernest H. SACKETT, son, 6, b. Canterbury, scholar
Percy SACKETT, son, 4, b. Canterbury, scholar
Jessie SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Canterbury
Bertie SACKETT, son, 1 month, b. Canterbury.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/?
8 Artillery Street, Canterbury, Kent
William Sackett, head, married, 47, engine driver at gas works, b. Deal
Rachel Sackett, wife, 48, b. Chartham
William E Sackett, son, unm., 28, grocer's assistant, b. Canterbury
Olive Sackett, dau, unm., 19, housemaid domestic, b. Canterbury
Ernest H Sackett, son, 16, gas works lab., b. Canterbury
Percy Sackett, son, 14, confectioner's assistant, b. Canterbury
Jessie Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Canterbury
Bertie Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Canterbury.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 792/160
3 Ivy Place, Canterbury, Kent
William Sackett, head, married, 56, engine driver gas works, worker, b. Chartham, Kent
Rachel Sackett, wife, 58, b. Chartham
Percy Sackett, son, single, 24, bricklayers' labourer, worker, b. Canterbury
Herbert Sackett, son, single, 20, attendant asylum, worker, b. Canterbury
George Sackett, [relationship not given], 7, b. Canterbury.
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||28 November 2016|