Dorothy Emma "Dolly" Sackett
|Father||William James Sackett (1872-1940)|
|Mother||Caroline "Carrie" Wolsey (1874-1956)|
In 1911 Dorothy was living at 130 Camberweill Road, CamberwellG, in the household of her parents William and Caroline, and was recorded in the census as Dorothy Emma Sackett, aged nine months and born in Camberwell.6
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Dorothy was living at 79 Camberwell Grove, Camberwell, LondonG. She was an optical lens fitter.7
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1910. Sackett, Dorothy Emma. Mother: Wolsey. Camberwell. 1d:777."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Jun qtr 1972. Pitts, Dorothy Emma, b. 24 Jun 1910. Southend on Sea. 4a:2435."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1940. Sackett, Dorothy E. Spouse: Pitts. Lewisham. 1d:2601."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1940. Pitts, Herbert F J. Spouse: Sackett. Lewisham. 1d:2601."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 130 Camberwell Rd, London SE
William James Sackett, head, 39, married, lamp attendant, Gas Company, worker, b. Camberwell
Caroline Sackett, wife, 37, m. 11y, 2 ch, both living, b. Camberwell
Phyllis Edith Sackett, dau, 4, b. Camberwell
Dorothy Emma Sackett, dau, 9 months, b. Camberwell.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett (Pitts) household, 79 Camberwell Grove, Camberwell, London: RG101/0085A/004/4, Dorothy E Sackett (later Pitts), b. 24 Jun 1910, single, optical lens worker fitter; RG101/0085A/004/5, Albert J Marson, b. 1903, married, asphalt spreader; RG101/0085A/004/6, Phyllis E Marson, b. 1906, married, unpaid domestic duties; & 2 closed records.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||4 Nov 2016|