Grace May Sackett
|Father||Frederick Charles Sackett (1870-1964)|
|Mother||Jessie Gray Cousland (1869-1951)|
In 1911 Grace was living at Hillside, Wingham, KentG, in the household of her parents Frederick and Jessie, and was recorded in the census as Grace May Sackett, aged two and born in Faversham.4
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Grace was living at The Manor (Boys Preparatory School), North Perrott, Yeovil, SomersetG, where she was the school secretary.5
Grace proved her mother Jessie's will on 6 February 1951. Her estate was valued at £180.6
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1908. Sackett, Grace May. Mother: Cousland. Faversham. 2a:929."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Nov 1993. Sackett, Grace May, b. 9 Nov 1908. Yeovil. 7262:21B:078:1193."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4557, schedule 189
Hillside, Wingham, Kent
Frederick Charles Sackett, head, 41, married, evangelist, undenominational, own account, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Jessie Gray Sackett, wife, 41, m. 16y, 3 ch, all living, b. Denny, Scotland
Wallace Render Sackett, son, 15, draper's assistant, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Elsie Sackett, dau, 12, b. Southborough, Kent
Grace May Sackett, dau, 2, b. Faversham, Kent.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, The Manor, North Perrott, (now occupied by Boys Preparatory School), Yeovil R D, Somerset: Grace M Sackett, b. 9 Nov 1908, single, secretary (school).
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Jessie Gray of Hermon Polesteeple Hill Biggin Hill Kent (wife of Frederick Charles Sackett) died 4 January 1951 Probate London 6 February to Grace May Sackett spinster. Effects £180 os. 5d."
|Last Edited||5 November 2016|