|Father||Aaron Sackett (1760-1827)|
|Mother||Dorcas Clark (-1859)|
(Src: Find A Grave, Diane & John)
Children of Thomas Sackett and Catherine Chambers
Child of Thomas Sackett and Elizabeth Dickerson
- Margaret Jane Sackett2 b. 25 Dec 1834, d. 20 Feb 1914
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database.
- John Carroll Power, History of the early settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois: "centennial record", E A Wilson & Co, Springfield, IL (1876), digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Thomas, was brought up near Hamilton, Butler county, Ohio, and was there married to Peggy Martin. They had six children in Ohio, and moved to Sangamon county, near Sangamo, previous to 1830. Of their children—
Dorcas, born in Ohio, married in Sangamon county to Levi Batterton. See his name.
Phebe married Miles Goodman, and moved first to Iowa, and then to Oregon.
Mary married A. Clay Gaines. See his name.
Harriet married Thompson Crider, and died.
John, married and moved to Missouri.
Samuel married Cyrena Goodman, and moved to Missouri.
Mrs. Peggy Sackett died, and Thomas Sackett was twice married. After the death of his third wife he moved to Missouri with his sons and died there."
- Catherine Chambers is identified here as the mother of Thomas's first six children, as detailed in "Henry County, Iowa, Biographical Sketches". However, John Power in his "History of the early settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois", identifies the mother as Peggy Martin. A marriage to Peggy Martin has not been found. It would seem possible that Power had simply made a mistake in his compilation.
- "Ohio, County Marriages, 1789–2016", digital image, FamilySearch, "23 Nov 1808, Butler County, Ohio, Thomas Sackett to Catherine Chambers, by William Smith JP."
- "Ohio, County Marriages, 1789–2016", digital image, FamilySearch, "1 Apr 1832, Warren County, Ohio, Thomas Sacket, of Sangamon County, IL, to Elizabeth Dickerson, of Warren County, OH, by Rev John Clark. Certified by Rev John Clark 20 Apr 1832."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 4087|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||23 May 2019|