|Father||Thomas Sackett2 (1787-1871)|
In 1880 Samuel was living in Ten-Mile, Macon CountyG, and was recorded in the census as Samuel Sackett, a farmer, head of household, married, aged 65 and born in Ohio. Living with him were his wife, Margret, aged 55 and also born in Ohio, their children, Henry (24), Lewis (17), and Hatty (20), and their nine-year-old granddaughter, Emma Casen.6
Samuel made his will in Ten Mile Township, Macon County, MissouriG, on 25 June 1890, naming as beneficiaries his wife Margarite, his sons Enos, John, Reuben, Winfield, Henry, Thomas and Lewis, and his daughters Syrena, Leah and Harriet.7
Children of Samuel Sackett and Margarite Campbell
- Elizabeth Sackett+ b. 1845
- Enos Sackett b. 1847, d. 4 Feb 1901
- John Sackett+ b. 1848, d. 1918
- Reuben Sackett b. 1852
- Winfield S Sackett+ b. 23 Jun 1852, d. 17 Feb 1936
- Syrena Caroline Sackett b. 1854, d. after 3 Feb 1901
- Henry Sackett b. 16 Mar 1856, d. 26 Mar 1934
- Leah Sackett b. 1858, d. 22 Sep 1930
- Harriet Sackett b. 1860
- Thomas Sackett+ b. 2 Feb 1862, d. 30 Aug 1920
- Lewis Grant Sackett b. 1864, d. c 1925
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, "Sackett, Samuel/ Goodman, Irene Caroline 03/23/1837 / Sangamon."
- Thurmon King's database, citing Family Bible: "Syrena C. Sackett departed this life Jan. 13, 1841."
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, "Sackett, Samuel/ Campbell, Margarite 02/05/1843 002/0173 Sangamon."
- 1880 United States census
FHL 1254701 NA T9-0701/329B
Ten-Mile, Macon, Missouri
Saml. Sackett, head, married, 65, b. OH, farmer, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Margret Sackett, wife, 55, b. OH, keeps house, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Henry Sackett, son, single, 24, b. IA, farmer, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Lewis G. Sackett, son, single, 17, b. IL, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Hatty Sackett, dau, single, 20, b. IL, house keeping, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Emma Casen, gdau, 9, b. IL, father b. Germany, mother b. IL.
- Will of Samuel Sackett of Macon County, Missouri, 25 June 1890, proved, 1 September 1891 (Macon County Court, Missouri, book 1, p475).
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Feb 2022|