|Father||Noble Sacket (1772-1828)|
|Mother||Olive Watkins (1779-1829)|
In 1850 Abner was living in Chicopee, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, aged 30, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Electa, aged 28, and born in Massachusetts, and their children, Noble, 10, Henry, 8, Mary, 6, and George, aged four.8
In 1860 he was living at Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, aged 39. Living with him were his wife Electa, 38, and their children, Noble, 19, Mary, 15, George, 13, and James, aged seven.9
Abner registered for the Civil War draft in June 1863. He was a blacksmith of Buckland, MassachusettsG, aged 44 and born in Massachusetts.10
In 1880 he was living in Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded as Abner Sackett, a blacksmith, head of household, a widower, aged 60 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his daughter-in-law Mary who was aged 26 and born in Ireland.11
Children of Abner Sacket and Electa Dewey
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 1162 |
Thurmon King's Database, 1181
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Although the Sacketts of America gives a birth date of 1812, the census records suggest he was born in about 1820.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v382, p335, Death, "1887 Aug 21, Abner Sackett, male, widower, 68, diarrhea & exhaustion from abuse of alcohol, at Buckland, Shelburne Falls, burial China Cem, mechanic, b. Westfield, [parents blank]."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Abner Sacket of W. and Electa Dewey of W; m. [date blank]."
- Birth data based on death record.
- Vital Records, Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Electa (Devey), Buckland, 1866, v192, p233, Death
"Dec 5 1866, Electa (Devey) Sackett, f, married, 44-11-10, inflammation bowels, d. Buckland, [occ. blank], b. Westfield, [parents] not known."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_319/203/2907/3163 (TEK)
Chicopee, Hampden County, MA
Abner Sackett, 30, blacksmith, b. MA
Electa Sackett, 28, b. MA
Noble D Sackett, 10, b. MA
Henry A Sackett, 8, b. MA
Mary L Sackett, 6, b. MA
George J[I?] Sackett, 4, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_501; Page: 686; Family History Library Film: 803501
Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, 6 Jul 1860
Sackett, Abner, 39, blacksmith, personal estate $250, b. MA
Sackett, Electa, 38, b. MA
Sackett, Noble, 19, laborer, b. MA
Sackett, Mary, 15, b. MA
Sackett, George, 13, b. MA
Sackett, James, 7, b. MA.
- "US Civil War draft registrations records 1863–1865", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Abner, of Buckland, 44, blacksmith, b. Massachusetts, enumerated June 1863, 9th district, Massachusetts, white, class II."
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254533, NA T9-0533/40D
Buckland, Franklin, Massachusetts
Abner Sackett, head, widower, 60, b. MA, blacksmith, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Mary Sackett, dau-in-law, married, 26, b. Ireland, keeping house, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland.
|Last Edited||30 June 2019|