Noble Daniel Sackett
|Father||Abner Sacket (c 1820-1887)|
|Mother||Electa Dewey (1821-1866)|
In 1850 Noble was living at Chicopee, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in the household of his parents Abner and Electa, and was recorded in the census as Noble D Sackett, aged ten and born in Massachusetts.10
In 1860 he was living in Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, in the household of his parents Abner and Electa, and was recorded as Noble Sackett, a laborer, aged 19.11
Noble served as a Private in the Union Army in the Massachusetts 27th Infantry Regiment during the American Civil War, enlisting on 23 September 1861 and being mustered out on 27 September 1864.12
In 1870 he was living in WestfieldG and was recorded as Noble Sackett, a laborer, aged 29. His wife Jane, 33, was living with him.13
In 1900 he was living at Washington Street, WestfieldG, and was recorded as Noble D Sackett, a janitor, head of household, aged 57. Living with him was his wife Sarah, 43. They rented their home.14
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1183|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2886. Noble Daniel Sackett, b. Mar. 19, 1841."
- Marriage record.
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- "Vermont, Vital Records, 1720–1908", digital image, Ancestry.com, "20 Apr 1868, at Halifax, VT, Noble Daniel Sackett, of Hilton Head, SC, age 27, 1st m., farmer, b. Chicopee Falls, MA, father Abner Sackett, mother Electa; to Jane Bement (Dunham), of Buckland, MA, age 32, 2nd m., b. Savoy, MA, father Gilston? P Dunham, mother Harriet. By Jed Stark JP."
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors (NEHGS) (https://www.americanancestors.org), v248, p54, death, "Jany 30, 1872, Jane Sackett, female, married, 36-5, fever, at Westfield, housekeeper, b. Westfield, parents unknown."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Noble D., Westfield, 1876, v280, p371, Marriage
"Nov 30th 1876, Noble D Sackett, of Westfield, 35, machinist, b. Chicopee Falls, s. Abner & Electa, second marriage, & Sarah M Tourance, of Westfield, 28, [birthplace blank], d. John & Mary, first marriage. Married by Geo Whitiker, Minister of the Gospel."
- Sarah's age at marriage would have been 20, not 28 as stated in the marriage record.
- Death record.
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_319/203/2907/3163 (TEK)
Chicopee, Hampden County, MA
Abner Sackett, 30, blacksmith, b. MA
Electa Sackett, 28, b. MA
Noble D Sackett, 10, b. MA
Henry A Sackett, 8, b. MA
Mary L Sackett, 6, b. MA
George J[I?] Sackett, 4, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_501; Page: 686; Family History Library Film: 803501
Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, 6 Jul 1860
Sackett, Abner, 39, blacksmith, personal estate $250, b. MA
Sackett, Electa, 38, b. MA
Sackett, Noble, 19, laborer, b. MA
Sackett, Mary, 15, b. MA
Sackett, George, 13, b. MA
Sackett, James, 7, b. MA.
- "United States Civil War Soldiers Index, 1861–1865", database, FamilySearch, "Sackett, Noble D, Private, Company C, Massachusetts 27th Infantry Regiment, enlisted 23 Sep 1861, aged 21, mustered out 27 Sep 1864, d. 4 Feb 1914."
- 1870 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: M593_619; Page: 389A; Family History Library Film: 552118
Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, 20 Jun 1870
Sackett, Noble, 29, labourer, personal estate $200, b. MA
Sackett, Jane, 33, keeping house, b. MA.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 7; Enumeration District: 0607; FHL microfilm: 1240653
Washington Street, Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, 4 Jun 1900
Sackett, Noble D, head, b. Mar 1843, 57, m. 24y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, janitor, home rented
Sackett, Sarah M, wife, b. Sep 1856, 43, m. 24y, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||18 November 2018|