George Ingalls Sackett
|Father||Abner Sacket (c 1820-1887)|
|Mother||Electa Dewey (1821-1866)|
In 1850 George was living at Chicopee, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in the household of his parents Abner and Electa, and was recorded in the census as George I Sackett, aged four, and born in Massachusetts.4
In 1860 he was living in Buckland, Franklin County, MassachusettsG, in the household of his parents Abner and Electa, and was recorded as George Sackett, aged 13.5
In 1880 George was living at West Springfield, Hampden CountyG, and was recorded in the census as George I Sackett, freight conductor, head of household, aged 33 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Lizzie, 33, and their son Harry, aged eight.6
In 1930 he was living at 5th Avenue North, St Petersburg, Pinellas County, FloridaG, in the household of his son Harry and daughter-in-law Edith, and was recorded as George I Sackett, a widower, aged 83.7
Child of George Ingalls Sackett and Sarah Elizabeth "Lizzie" Harvey
- Harry Robert Sackett MD+ b. 25 Jun 1871, d. 4 Feb 1965
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, book 4, Births, Marriages, Deaths, 1843–1849, "Sackett, No Name, Sex: Male, Feb. 16, 1847, Springfield. Parents: Abner and Electa D. Sackett. Father’s Occ: Blacksmith. Residence: Springfield (Cabotville)."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2889. George Ingalls Sackett, b. Feb. 16, 1847."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v22, p220, birth, "1847 Feb 16, No Name Sacket, male, s. Abner & Electa D Sacket, father a blacksmith, registered 1847 May 1st. "
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_319/203/2907/3163 (TEK)
Chicopee, Hampden County, MA
Abner Sackett, 30, blacksmith, b. MA
Electa Sackett, 28, b. MA
Noble D Sackett, 10, b. MA
Henry A Sackett, 8, b. MA
Mary L Sackett, 6, b. MA
George J[I?] Sackett, 4, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_501; Page: 686; Family History Library Film: 803501
Buckland, Franklin County, Massachusetts, 6 Jul 1860
Sackett, Abner, 39, blacksmith, personal estate $250, b. MA
Sackett, Electa, 38, b. MA
Sackett, Noble, 19, laborer, b. MA
Sackett, Mary, 15, b. MA
Sackett, George, 13, b. MA
Sackett, James, 7, b. MA.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254535, NA T9-0535/99A
West Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
George I Sackett, head, married, 33, b. MA, freight conductor, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Lizzie Sackett, wife, 33, b. Canada, keeping house, father b. Canada, mother b. Canada
Harry R Sackett, son, 8, b. MA, at school, father b. MA, mother b. Canada.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 329, p. 3A, Enumeration District 0003, Image 61.0, FHL microfilm 2340064
5th Ave North, St Petersburg City, Pinellas County, Florida, 4 Apr 1930
Sackett, Harry R, head, home rented, $75, 58, m. at 25, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. Canada English, physician, own office
Sackett, Edith C, wife, 58, m. at 25, b. MI, father b. ME, mother b. Canada English
Sackett, Frederic, son, 18, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MI
Sackett, George I, father, 83, wd, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
|Last Edited||31 Dec 2014|