Rev John Sackett
|Father||Rev John Sackett BD Oxf, MA Camb (1596-1664)|
|Mother||Sarah ___ (c 1600-1676)|
A record of John Sackett in the Surman Index of Congregational ministers reads, "Presbyterian heretofore but now comformable. Mungeham Magna, Kent." The date of the item is difficult to read but may be 1668. If so, it would refer to this John. An earlier date would suggest the record referred to his father, who died in 1664.2
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at Great Mongeham, KentG, in 1664.3
John made his will on 10 June 1680 Braunston, County of City of LincolnG, naming as beneficiaries his brother Nathaniel, his sisters Elizabeth and Patience and his nephew (another) Rev John Sackett. He left his lands and tenements in St Peter's and St John's to his brother for his lifetime, then to go to Nathaniel's son John. He left £30 and £10 respectively to his sisters Elizabeth and Patience. The will was proved at the Prerogative Court in Canterbury on 4 November 1680.4
John was named as a beneficiary in his brother Samuel's will made in Braunston, LincolnshireG, on 16 May 1680.5 John was the sole executor of his brother's estate.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Church|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Great Mongeham, Kent (Bishop's Transcripts & Parish Register), "29 September 1631 John s. John Sackett."
- Website The Surman Index Online (Dr Williams's Centre for Dissenting Studies) (http://surman.english.qmul.ac.uk), "Sackett, John
"Presbyterian heretofore but now comformable," 16?8 [? prob. 1668] Mungeham Magna, Kent.
CHST., v. 127."
- Will of John Sackett of Great Mongeham, Kent, 1664[?], proved in the Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 14 September 1664 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-72-97).
- Will of John Sackett of Braunston, Lincoln, 10 June 1680, proved in the Canterbury Prerogative Court, 4 November 1680 (National Archives, PROB 11/364 quire 155).
- Will of Samuel Sackett of Braunston, Lincoln, 16 May 1680, proved in the London Consistory Court, 29 May 1680 (Lincolnshire Archives, 1680 / i / 9).
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||5 September 2018|