Rev John Sackett
|Father||Nathaniel Sackett (1636-1682)|
|Mother||Ann Terry (c 1647-1683)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his uncle John Sackett's will made in Braunston, County of City of LincolnG, on 10 June 1680. He was granted the reversion of his uncle's lands and tenements in St Peter's and St John's after the death of his father Nathaniel.8
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Canterbury, KentG, on 12 January 1681/82. He was to inherit his father's land at Sackett's Hill at age 21 and his father stipulated that he should be sent to university as soon as is fitting.9
John made his will in Folkestone, KentG, in 1753, naming as sole beneficiary his wife Margaret.10
Dated [?], proved 1753
Clerk, Folkestone, Kent
Wife Margaret – all personal effects
John's widow Margaret made her will in Barham, KentG, on 28 August 1766, naming as beneficiaries her brother and sister and various non-Sackett nephews and nieces.11
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
Sacketts in the Church
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Burials Register, Hawkinge, Kent (Transcript), "28 January 1753 Rev. Mr. Jn. Sackette M.A. rector (Rector 1714-1753)."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "24 October 1702 John Sackette of Folkestone & Mrs Margaret Tempest of Patrixbourne."
- Burials Register, Folkestone, Kent (Transcript 1635-1800; BTs 1829-1916), "25 November 1727 Mgt Sackette wife of Mr Jn. (died 21st)."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "John Sackett of Folkstone, widower, & Margaret Lunn of Denton, spinster. At St Alphege Canterbury or Denton."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Canterbury, Kent (Parish Register and Bishops' Transcript), "22 Apr 1729 Rev John Sackett wid, Clerk, Folkestone & Margaret Lunn of Denton. (Lic)."
- Baptism, Denton, Kent (LDS FamilySearch, England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975), "17 Jan 1677, Margaret Lunn d. Will Lunn & Elizabeth."
- Burials Register, Denton, Kent (Mrs Nichol's Index), "23 March 1769 Mrs Margaret Sackett aet 91."
- Will of John Sackett of Braunston, Lincoln, 10 June 1680, proved in the Canterbury Prerogative Court, 4 November 1680 (National Archives, PROB 11/364 quire 155).
- Will of Nathaniel Sackett of Canterbury, Kent, 12 January 1681/2, proved in the Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 20 December 1682 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-76-81).
- Will of John Sackett of Folkestone, Kent, 1753[?], proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 1753 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-94-536).
- Will of Margaret Sackett of Barham, Kent, 28 August 1766, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 24 March 1769 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-98-256).
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||30 December 2018|