|Father||Moses Sacket (1743-1813)|
|Mother||Eunice Cadwell (1749-1842)|
Heman was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 17 April 1812. He had already been provided for by his father, presumably in the form of land. He was left an amount of $120 (his brothers Erastus and Israel, not previously provided for, were left $800 each.)11
Heman was listed in the census in 1820 and 1830 as a householder in WestfieldG.12,13
In 1850 Heman was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Heman Sacket, a whip maker, aged 65 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his wife Experience, aged 61.14
In 1860 Heman's widow Experience was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Experience Sacket, aged 72.15
In 1870 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son George, and was recorded as Experiance Sackett, aged 82.16
503. Herman Sacket [sic], 1784–1851, of Westfield, Mass., son of (169) Moses and Eunice Cadwell Sacket, was married to Experience Searle, 1788–1873, of Southampton, Mass.
1124. Austin Sacket, b. in 1812.
1125. Mary Sacket, b. in 1816; m. Samuel N. Lewis.
1126. Heman Sacket, Jr., b. in 1819, d. Sept. 26, 1867; m. (1120) Cordelia Sacket.
Children of Heman Sackett and Experience Searle
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:176.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Heman, s. Mosses & Eunice Cadwell, b. Sept. 30, 1783."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "503. Heman Sacket, b. in year 1784, d. in year 1851; m. Experience Searle."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v57, p227, death, "1851 [date column torn], Hemon Sacket, 67-3-8, at Westfield, married, whip maker, b. Westfield, s. Moses & Eunice, dropsy."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), "Death, Heman Sackett, married, age 67-3-8, whip maker, died 7 Jan , cause dropsy, parents Moses & Eunice."
- Find a Grave.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:301.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Heman Sacket of W. and Experience Searl of W; m. Nov. 25, 1807."
- Birthplace from son Heman's death record.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Experience, Westfield, 1873, v257, p53, Death
"August 5, 1873, Experience Sackett, female, widow, 85-6, old age, at Westfield, b. Southampton, parents unknown."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image).
- 1820 United States census
"Heman Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1830 United States census
"Heman Sackett, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1850 United States census
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Heman Sacket, 65, whips, b. MA
Eperurna Sacket, 61, female, b. MA.
- 1860 United States census
Page 854, FHL film
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, Experience, 72, real estate $2500, personal estate $150, b. MA.
- 1870 United States census
Roll M593_619, p 396B, FHL film 552118
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, 25 Jun 1870
Sackett, George, 61, lash maker, real estate $4000, personal estate $2000, b. MA
Sackett, Lucy, 53, keeping house, b. MA
Sackett, George Arthur, 16, at school, b. MA
Sackett, Experiance, 82, no occupation, b. MA
Loyd, Sally, 70, no occupation, b. MA
Smith, J Henry, 39, cigar maker, personal estate $500, b. MD
Smith, Mary, 32, dress maker, b. MA
Shattuck, Hartly, 29, day laborer, personal estate $200, b. NH
Shattuck, Ellen, 29, dress maker, b. MA.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Heman Sacket & Cordelia Sacket relationship chart
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2022|