|Father||Moses Sacket (1743-1813)|
|Mother||Eunice Cadwell (1749-1842)|
Heman was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 17 April 1812. He had already been provided for by his father, presumably in the form of land. He was left an amount of $120 (his brothers Erastus and Israel, not previously provided for, were left $800 each.)11
Heman was listed in the census in 1820 and 1830 as a householder in WestfieldG.12,13
In 1850 Heman was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Heman Sacket, a whip maker, aged 65 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his wife Experience, aged 61.14
In 1860 Heman's widow Experience was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Experience Sacket, aged 72.15
In 1870 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son George, and was recorded as Experiance Sackett, aged 82.16
503. Herman Sacket [sic], 1784–1851, of Westfield, Mass., son of (169) Moses and Eunice Cadwell Sacket, was married to Experience Searle, 1788–1873, of Southampton, Mass.
1124. Austin Sacket, b. in 1812.
1125. Mary Sacket, b. in 1816; m. Samuel N. Lewis.
1126. Heman Sacket, Jr., b. in 1819, d. Sept. 26, 1867; m. (1120) Cordelia Sacket.
Children of Heman Sackett and Experience Searle
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:176.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)", database, American Ancestors, "Sacket, Heman, s. Mosses & Eunice Cadwell, b. Sept. 30, 1783."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "503. Heman Sacket, b. in year 1784, d. in year 1851; m. Experience Searle."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v57, p227, death, "1851 [date column torn], Hemon Sacket, 67-3-8, at Westfield, married, whip maker, b. Westfield, s. Moses & Eunice, dropsy."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Death, Heman Sackett, married, age 67-3-8, whip maker, died 7 Jan , cause dropsy, parents Moses & Eunice."
- Website Find a Grave.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:301.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)", database, American Ancestors, "Heman Sacket of W. and Experience Searl of W; m. Nov. 25, 1807."
- Birthplace from son Heman's death record.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Experience, Westfield, 1873, v257, p53, Death
"August 5, 1873, Experience Sackett, female, widow, 85-6, old age, at Westfield, b. Southampton, parents unknown."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Heman Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Heman Sackett, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/202
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Heman Sacket, 65, whips, b. MA
Eperurna Sacket, 61, female, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 854, FHL film
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, Experience, 72, real estate $2500, personal estate $150, b. MA.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_619, p 396B, FHL film 552118
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, 25 Jun 1870
Sackett, George, 61, lash maker, real estate $4000, personal estate $2000, b. MA
Sackett, Lucy, 53, keeping house, b. MA
Sackett, George Arthur, 16, at school, b. MA
Sackett, Experiance, 82, no occupation, b. MA
Loyd, Sally, 70, no occupation, b. MA
Smith, J Henry, 39, cigar maker, personal estate $500, b. MD
Smith, Mary, 32, dress maker, b. MA
Shattuck, Hartly, 29, day laborer, personal estate $200, b. NH
Shattuck, Ellen, 29, dress maker, b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1054|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Heman Sacket & Cordelia Sacket relationship chart
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2022|