|Father||John Sackett (1743-1827)|
|Mother||Catherine Andrews (c 1753-1831)|
Elizabeth was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in St Peter in Thanet, KentG, on 26 April 1823. She was left the house which she was presently occupying at Northwood, provided she paid a sum of £30 to her nephew Edward Sackett at age 21.5
In 1841 Elizabeth was living at Northwood, St Lawrence in ThanetG, in the household of her husband Henry Sackett, 67, a sawyer, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Sackett, aged 62 and born in Kent. Living with them were their children, David, 24, Rebecca, 22, and James, 20.6
In 1851 she was living at NorthwoodG in the household of her husband Henry, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, aged 73 and born in St Peter's. Living with them was their unmarried daughter Rebecca, aged 33 and born in St Peter's.7
In 1861 she was living at NorthwoodG in the household of her husband Henry, 86, a gardener, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, aged 84. Living with them were their son David and daughter-in-law Margaret.8
Children of Elizabeth Sackett and Henry Sackett
- Elizabeth Ann Sackett b. 12 Jun 1802
- Rebecca Sackett b. 14 Sep 1803, d. 1808
- Benjamin Watten Sackett b. 18 Mar 1805, d. 4 Oct 1881
- Mary Ann Sackett b. 30 Jul 1806
- Richard Henry Sackett+ b. 3 Sep 1807, d. 12 Aug 1879
- William Watten Sackett b. 22 Feb 1810, d. Jan 1811
- Daniel Watten Sackett b. 27 May 1812
- Phoebe Sackett+ b. 1814, d. 29 May 1889
- David Joseph Sackett b. 1815, d. Mar 1902
- Rebecca Sackett b. 1817
- James John Sackett b. 1820, d. 1914
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "29 March 1778 Elizabeth Sackett, d. John & Catherine, b. 21 March."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1861. Sackett, Elizabeth, 84. Thanet. 2a:410."
- Burials Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent, "24 June 1861 Elizabeth Sackett, Northwood, 84 years."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "3 August 1801 Henry Sackett bachelor & Elizabeth Sackett spinster."
- Will of John Sackett of St Peter in Thanet, Kent, 26 April 1823, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 7 April 1827 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-107-362).
- 1841 England census
Northwood, St Lawrence, Kent
Henry Sackett, 67, sawyer, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 62, b. Kent
David Sackett, 24, b. Kent
Rebecca Sackett, 22, b. Kent
James Sackett, 20, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 17; Folio: 9; Page: 9; Line: 5; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 England census
Hamlet of Northwood, St. Lawrence, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 77, ag. lab., b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 73, b. Kent, St. Peters
Rebecca Sackett, dau, unmarried, 33, b. Kent, St. Peters
- 1861 England census
Hamlet of Northwood, St Lawrence, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 86, gardener, b. Margate, Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 84, b. St Peter's, Kent
David Sackett, son, married, 45, b. St Peter's
Margarett Sackett, dau-in-law, 44, b. Harbledown, Kent.
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English) (#1)|
Line 3 (English) (#2)
Henry Sackett & Elizabeth Sackett relationship chart
|Last Edited||23 Oct 2022|